||16||

Later_
On the jet_

Everyone was out of it.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is," the agent, Maria Hill, spoke across the radio.

Clint was flying the jet while everyone was just kind of moping in a corner.

"There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but its in the air," Hill continued.

"Can they do that?" I asked, "I mean-- it's not like he did it on purpose."

"Unfortunately he damaged a lot of buildings and injured many, its unclear if anyone died yet but its on the table," Hill replied.

Oh.

That sucks.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene," Hill answered, "how's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony trailed off, "we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

Really? You'll shake off mental instability?

"Well for now, I'd stay in stealth mode," Hill said, "and stay away from here."

"So where are we going to go then?" I asked.

"We have to run and hide?" Tony asked.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer," Hill replied awkwardly.

"Neither do we," Tony sighed, looking at the team before cutting off the call with Hill.

I stood up and walked away from the group as Tony walked over to Clint.

This might have been avoided if I'd seen it in a vision.

Resting my head against the wall of the jet, I sighed.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to myself, "so sorry."

°🕰️°
Early morning_
Next day_

"Where are we?" I asked as we landed in the fields just a ways away from a depressed looking farm.

"A safe house," Clint replied, "come on."

We all walked off the ship and began walking towards the farm. It was silent, peaceful even.

A feeling I've never felt before. I like it. It's calming.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as we reached the front door of the house.

"Safe house," Tony answered.

"Let's hope," Clint stated, opening the door.

We all walked in.

The house looked like any average house. Furniture, strange wallpaper that clearly one person liked more than the other.

"Honey?" Clint called out, "I'm home."

A woman, brunette, pregnant, walked out from around a corner. In her hand was an assortment of tissue paper and coloured pens.

"Hi," Clint smiled, "company. Sorry, didn't call ahead."

"Hey," the woman smiled, walking over and kissing Clint.

OK. So girlfriend? Fiancée? Wife maybe?

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony stated, clearly slightly uncomfortable with what he was looking at.

"Gentlemen, y/n," Clint looked to us, "this is Laura."

Again. Y/n. What's up with that?

"I know all of your names. Well, except you," Laura gestured to me at the last part.

We all just stood in awkward silence before the sound of small footsteps came charging from behind me.

"Ooh- incoming," Clint stated before a boy and a younger girl both came into the room.

"Dad!" the girl smiled as Clint picked her up.

"Hi, sweetheart," Clint greeted her and pulled the boy into a side hug, "Hey, buddy!"

Oh.

So he has a family.

Who would've thought...

"These are... Smaller agents," Tony claimed, not really knowing how to react to the addition of children and the fondness that we were hearing coming from Clint.

"Idiot," I rolled my eyes, "They're clearly a family."

"Did you bring aunty Nat?" the girl asked as Clint put her back down.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Romanoff asked, walking over and meeting the girl half way across the room.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Rogers apologised, like the good little soldier he is.

Whoa-- where did that thought come from?

Shaking my head, I focused on the group again.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony chimed in.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined," Clint told us, "he kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D's files. I'd like to keep it that way."

Fury? Who is that?

"I figure it's a good place to lay low," he smiled, clearly happy to be back with his family again.

"Oh. I missed you," Romanoff placed her hand on Laura's stomach, "how's little Natasha, huh?"

"She's... Nathaniel," Laura awkwardly told the red head who just smiled before frowning and going down to the stomach.

"Traitor," she muttered.

Thor marched out of the building and Rogers followed after him.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is bugging me," I spoke up, "who is y/n?"

"It's you," Tony looked at me with a frown.

"Uh.. No," I shook my head, "my name is n/n."

They all stared at me.

"You don't even know your own name?" Romanoff asked.

"I do. It's n/n," I replied.

"It's not," Clint shook his head before pausing, "one moment."

He moved and left the room, going through the house before coming back and passing me a file.

"It's your file," he told me, "Feel free to read it."

I just stared at the file being offered to me, he nodded to me and I cautiously took it.

"How do I know everything in here isn't fake?" I asked.

"You'll just have to believe us," Rogers said as he walked back into the building, "Thors gone. Something about seeing something in the vision and searching for answers."

I looked back to the file before turning.

"Excuse me," I left the room, walked out the building and sat on one of the chairs on the porch.

I sat there and stared at the file.

My file.

My Life.

Everything I've been searching for is in here...