Chapter 14 ~the aftermath~

Narrator's pov

Kaito felt refreshed when he awoke from his slumber. He was relieved that he had made this decision, despite the fact that he had no idea what had occurred during his nap.

Haru was perplexed by his own actions after fleeing. What was he thinking when he did that? He was constantly questioning himself.

"What if... Kaito is only a friend of mine? That's all."

He knew he was lying to himself when he said he felt his heart ache, but... Kaito was only his friend, and he shouldn't think of him romantically. Haru was adamant about keeping Kaito as a friend. He didn't want to sever their bond.

"What if he despises me? He's most likely straight. I don't want to damage our friendship."

Thoughts like that began circulating in Haru.

I'll be happy just being his friend. I shouldn't put too much pressure on him.

While Haru was still deep in thought, Kaito, who had just woken up, chose to attend part of the classes since he really should not skip all of his lessons. He still had to go to a few. He had just awoken from his slumber and was still tired. He stumbled towards his classroom, yawning, until he collided with something. It felt hard, but didn't feel like a wall. When he looked up, he noticed Yuki. He apologizes for running into him. Yuki was shielding his face with his arm as Kaito looked up.

"Does he despise me so much that he refuses to look at my face...?"

Kaito pondered for a few more seconds as he stared at Yuki. "Be careful next time," Yuki eventually murmured as he pushed him away. They then bolted before Kaito could react.

"What's the deal with him today?"

As he walked to his classroom, Kaito pondered.

Yuki's pov

When I was walking to the teacher's office, I felt something bump into me. It's probably another girl attempting to get my attention. Especially that girl named Yukina. She's been a huge pain in the neck lately. I was irritated as I tried to figure out who it was. Over and over, I heard a familiar voice apologize.

Ah-It's Kaito.

As realization stroked me, I felt my face getting hotter and hotter by every second. I thought back to the time I was on the rooftop and.. His soft cheeks and those cherry pink lips... I wonder how it'd feel if I... no, snap out of it, Yuki! I quickly used my arm to cover my now blushing face as I felt Kaito's stares.

I was confused and sweating at that point. You could say my face looked redder than a tomato. I knew I had to leave, but this was a rare chance to interact with Kaito. As seconds passed, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to push him away, letting me escape. I ran towards the bathroom to calm down and spashed some cold water on my face.

"Get yourself together, Yuki."

I said to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Narrator's POV

Kaito felt strained by his interaction with Yuki; he had no idea why he stared at Yuki for so long. Yuki's face was redder than normal, though.

"Was he sick? Did he have a fever?"

Kaito pondered his thoughts. Though Kaito is unconcerned about Yuki because they aren't even friends, only seatmates.

"Is it possible that this day could get any stranger?"

Kaito murmured as he sat in his seat and awaited the start of class.

The day proceeded on as usual; his lessons were dull, and he spent his free time with Hikaru and Haruna, though he couldn't find Haru. Kaito was concerned about Haru because he had grown to like him. Haru was a pleasant individual with a warm personality. He's sweet and gentle. Because of his good appearance, he's also highly popular at school. He was entertaining to be around, and Kaito enjoyed his company. Thus, the two became great friends.

Haru was nowhere to be found as school came to an end in the blink of an eye. Haru skipped class and spent the entire day avoiding Kaito. Yuki also skipped all of his classes today, and Kaito hasn't seen him since their previous encounter in the corridor.

"Where are they?"

Kaito pondered this. Before returning home, he decided to take one last walk around the school. Because there are clubs and students who wish to study in the school library, school doesn't close until a few hours later, so pupils will have a few hours of free time after school ends to study or attend club events.

While walking around the massive school, Kaito came upon the school library. He had never been to a library before, and his curiosity had gotten the best of him, so he decided to go check it out.

Kaito has always enjoyed reading, from action to mystery to romance novels, and would frequently rent or borrow books to read on the rooftop, at least in the past. He entered the library, which was large and luxurious, exactly as one would expect from a noble school. The library was overflowing with knowledge, with tons of bookshelves all filled to the brim with books, and stacks of books on a long table off to the side of the room. Many people had already left the library, so there weren't many people there. Kaito recognized a familiar man reading a book. He drew nearer and nearer till he realized who it was.

"So here you are.... Where have you been the whole day? "

As he tapped that individual on the shoulder, Kaito inquired. To see what he was reading, Kaito peeked over that person's shoulder. He rested his head on the man's shoulder and began reading the book the individual was holding.

"I had no idea you were interested in history."

Kaito's face was directly next to that man's, and he didn't notice the man next to him blushing with embarrassment because he was engrossed in the book.

"Yeah, I-I've developed an interest in history."

That individual replied quietly.

Note:
Hi guys! I'm back! ( ◜‿◝ )♡Sorry for disappearing. I was a bit overwhelmed by my grades for a certain subject that I've failed- ( ;∀;)And now i have to take extra classes which means extra homework on top of two book reports and two essays that I've yet to finish. At least they aren't due soon... Well im back and healthy!ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ Yes i might have a cold but i get sick easily so it's no big deal. ('∩。• ᵕ •。∩') I'm extremely sorry i couldn't release a new chapter earlier i know I've promised that I'll upload more often... (。ŏ﹏ŏ)I'll try my best for you guys! (≧▽≦)Thank you so much for all the follows, votes and reads! It really helped to keep my motivation up and it really cheers me up when i feel down or wanting to give up on this novel. (。・ω・。)ノ♡ I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Again thank you for reading, I'll try to upload as soon as possible! Hope you all have an amazing day/night! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡