Chapter 1

Disclaimer: "": conversation  '': thoughts 

**************************************************

"Here is the antidote..." said Haibara. It has been 2 months since the Black Organisation was defeated and she was able to make the antidote, thanks to the files left in the organisation. Akai Shuici stopped living in Shinici's place, Conan moved back into his house.

"Thanks" said Conan.

"I guess this is it..." said Haibara.

"This is what?" said Conan.

"well...if you become Shinichi I doubt we'll really meet again..." said Haibara with a small sigh.

"what no...no I'll come now and then...I promise, and I don't think I can...just..." said Conan, but paused in the middle of the sentence, he could feel his eyes watering for some reason.

"go back to highschool Mr Detective, go back to the life you desired for so long..." said Haibara.

"anyway...I'll catch you later..." said Conan as he grabbed the pill from Haibara's hand, he started running out, but looked back once and hugged Haibara. "I promise I'll be back, after I'm done sorting my feelings...", said Shinichi quietly, so quiet that Haibara didn't hear..

"wait what did you say-", before Haibara could finish the detective was gone. The truth was, Haibara began to become fond of the young detective even more, they depended on each other. She loved him, as soon as he left, she began reminiscing old memories they shared together. And just like that, he's gonna leave me for Ran, she thought. She couldn't help herself, her eyes started watering and tears began streaming down her face. Ai didn't tell Kudo the most important things, for his sake, after taking the antidote, he would need to take an APTX 4869 to become a child, however they were all gone. All the APTX's recipe, formula were all gone. They got destroyed after brining down the organisation, she didn't know how to make the pill. I am the one that ruined his life and love with Ran, I have no right to cry', thats what she thought, however her tears just wouldn't stop.

**************************************************

Few days has passed since the last counter with Haibara. Haibara didn't know, but Kudo had one APTX 4869 pill left. Before, He and Haibara have spent everyday together, meeting everyday, but now it's been a few days since Shinichi met with Haibara or the kids. Shinichi has been catching up with old friends, detectives and everything. He was having the time of his life, or so he thought. Shinichi felt empty, empty inside his body.

In actuality, Kudo was having a crisis. He wasn't sure if he wanted to be with Ran, for the past few years as Conan, he started to feel less romantic towards Ran, but only like as a sister. He still wasn't sure, so he made a plan to meet up with her. There was something Haibara didn't know, Conan still had a pill that made you become a highschooler again, from few years ago. He still had it and ate it to meet with Ran. He didn't take the antidote, he took the alternative pill that would make him become Shinichi for a few hours. He went to the restaurant he promised to meet with Ran. She was already there.

"Hey...it's been a while" said Shinichi.

"yeah..." said Ran. Kudo was really nervous, he didn't know what would happen. 'Does Ran want to continue or relationship? Does she hate me? Should I leave? What do I want?', thoughts like this kept on running through his head.

"are you going to stay in Japan from now on?" asked Ran.

"I think I probably will...all of the cases I've been working on has been solved." said Kudo. "can I go to the bathroom?" said Ran, "yeah of course" said Kudo.

While Ran was gone, Kudo began contemplating inside his head. 'What am I even doing here?'. He then thought about the day he turned into Conan. 'Almost 3 years had passed since then. I never expected Ran to wait me for this long...what right do I have to be here? I've kept her waiting...all this time...maybe she did move on...' The biggest problem Kudo felt was this, Ran felt like an older sister to him now. Kudo started feeling lonely and thought that he was alone, all by himself. Then he remembered a person, a person that was always by his side, endured the same pain as him, fought during life threatening situations together and also loved hanging out with. It was Ai...'How could I not have remembered this...', he then started crying. Cry-laughing at the same time. Then Ran came back.

"Ran, I think we both want the same thing...let's break up..." said Shinichi. Then Ran started laughing a little. "I would like that as well...I've actually started seeing someone recently" said Ran. "thats great Ran, is it fine if I leave now?" asked Kudo. "yes, go" said Ran with a slight smile.

Conan then ran out of the restaurant and started running towards the Professor Agasa's place.

**************************************************

Conan burst the door open. And ran towards where Haibara lives. He found Haibara on her desk, working on something. Haibara has been depressed some few days. Even though Conan said that he'll visit, she knew that he wouldn't come. 'He missed being a highschooler, why would he come back?" Then she saw someone standing there.

"Kudo-kun?...what are you doing here?..." said Ai.

"It's you...the one I want is you..." said Conan. Ai couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"All these years I've spent with you, I don't regret them at all. I didn't know who I wanted to be with, how could I have been so blind? We depended on each other, we needed each other and still do. I don't love Ran, I love you Haibara. I want to spend my life with you. Ran wasn't the one with me at my hardest times, my parents weren't next to me, it was you, you took care of me and I took care of you. I can't believe I was going to leave this place...I want to grow older side by side with you, not with anybody else. It was fate when Professor Agasa picked you up from the rain, it was destiny, we are meant to be together.I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll miss the kids as well...I was too excited being my old self again, it clouded my judgement...being by old self is not the life I want, I want my life with you"

Conan went on one knee and held a ring out, "Sherry...you are my love, will you marry me?".

Sherry stood up from her chair and hugged Kudo hard, making him lose balance and fall over. "Yes, I will", said Sherry, as she started crying uncontrollably.

**************************************************

Few moments later...

"There is no more APTX 4869 pills...so you won't be able to become a kid again..." said Ai.

"That's where you're wrong", said Conan, he then held the pill out on his hand.

Conan then swallowed the APTX 4869 pill.