2

Jenna

I rub my head I pour the milk in to the
Latte. As I walk to the counter I call out the name for the order.

"Jamie!" The girl walks forward.
"Have a nice day." She thanks me and walks away. I sit on the chair and try to massage away my head ache. It had been pounding all morning.

"Jenna will you come run the cash register please? It's time for my lunch break." I get up and walk to the register. It's slow especially for a Friday so I just sit on the chair and continue to rub my forehead.

"Excuse me miss-" My eyes meet with a pair of brown eyes. I quickly stand and open the cash register.

"Hi and welcome to Fresh Brews, what can I get you today?" He looks like he walked out of a... Well any movie with a handsome guy. He stands a good six feet with a strong jawline and curly brown hair.

"just a Smokey Carmel, large." I type his order in.

"that's 4.75." He reaches into his pocket. He then checks several different pockets. Once he's checked all his pockets twice he shakes his head.

"just cancel it." He turns to walk out.

"just count it on the house!" I blurt out and, He stops with his hand on the door.

"why?" He asks, those brown eyes searching my blue ones.

"cause it's what people should do more often." His eyes hold mine. I swallow under his intense stare.
He nods his head and sits down.

I pay for the coffee, make it, and walk to him instead of calling his name, mostly because he didn't give one.

"Here, and God bless." I set his drink down and go to walk back to the counter.

"My name's Jonathan, do I get the pleasure of knowing yours?" He ask behind me.

I smile with out turning back I reply.
"No, I don't date guys who are already with a girl." I don't continue to walk though I stand there and wait for his reply.

"I'm single, well that is once I call her."
I raise a questioning eyebrow, but still down turn around.
"She stole my wallet." He explains.

"I don't tell guys my name who so easily move on, your gonna hurt her feelings." I turn around and am surprised to see hurt in his eyes.

"she had it coming after she slept with my brother." I tighten my jaw.

"I'm sorry that must suck." He shakes his head. His brown hair falling into his face.

"wasn't much of a surprise, wasn't the first time." He smiles. "she had a fancy job. I was thinking that if I went with someone more down to earth I might have some luck keeping her." I glare at his playful smile.

"and that Jonathan is why you won't get my name." I walk away with out another word. He was a selfish jerk.
I would never give him my name.