Chapter 15: I Want Her

I started Thursday morning the same as yesterday, thinking about Ryan. Yet, the difference was he was waking me.

"Mackenzie?" He whispered in my ear. His husky voice making my lady parts tingle.

"Yes?" I replied sleepily.

"I'm going to school, don't go home."

"Why?" I questioned sitting up.

"Because I want you to be here when I get back, I'll be home late too. Since I got suspended coach is making me train later."

"Aww...what time?" I whined

"8:00 maybe, something around that time I think."

"What am I supposed to do all day?"

"Your homework."

"Homework?"

"Yes, you have homework for the whole week remember?" I faced palmed myself thinking about it.

"Ugh, I don't want to do it."

"You have to. Hopefully...I don't have to stay too long." Ryan said as he straightened his clothes and went to the door.

"Yeah, hopefully because I won't have anything to do." I replied huffing.

"You can help Betty around the house or something but stay your ass away from Romero." Ryan demanded in a stern voice.

"Why?" I knew why but I wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Because I said so." He shut the door as he left.

I stared at the door a moment after he left, I wish he could have kissed me goodbye or something, at least a hug. I couldn't believe how I was sounding right now. At first I didn't even want the guy to touch me, now I'm upset he didn't touch me. I stood from the bed and walked to the bathroom, stripping my clothes, and turned on the shower, testing the water. Before jumping in, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Finally getting under the hot water, my body relaxed and I calmly stood under the shower head.

I thought of last night and how Ryan saved me from myself...I guess. It's just that since that thing with Vonté, him fighting Chris, people have really started talking. Vonté was the first and only guy I dated at school but that doesn't stop people from talking, I mean he's really popular. Causing people to believe his lies, saying I fucked him and his friends....at least I know what people think of me now. 

It's a lot to handle is all, the glares and whispers when you walk past in the halls. Guys that never even paid you any mind, are the first ones to say hi to you in the morning. It really makes you feel low and forget that those are lies. Stories that that dumb ass cooked up in the kitchen. Yet, who would listen to me? He certainly has more pull at the school than I do....so he believes. 

***************************
After showering I through on a tank top, yoga shorts, and my old faithful black and white converses. Putting my hair in a messy bun, I made my way downstairs to eat and help Betty around the house. I didn't enjoy cleaning but I didn't want to lay in bed all day. This time, I walked directly to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to try and find something to eat, bending at the hip. Quickly I found some deli meat to make a sandwich.

"You love teasing me don't you?" I heard from behind me.

"Hi, Romero." I said while standing straight up.

"Hola, Mackenzie." His voice sounded closer, so I knew he was walking toward me.

I stopped pulling things out of the fridge to turn to him, looking him in his eyes. Noticing he wasn't wearing a shirt like yesterday.