Time Moves Slow

Miguel looked out of his bedroom window, watching as the rain splattered against it. He seemed to look out the window a lot these days. Almost like he was waiting for something. Or more like someone.

I found you at the window again
Looking out, watching the leaves falling in

Miguel still couldn't process what had happened. It felt like a bad dream he couldn't wake up from. He couldn't believe, didn't want to believe, that she had left so suddenly. She didn't even tell him. All she left was a note.

And it was something like a dream
Wow, so perfect, couldn't talk to me

Miguel tried his best to march on, but everything was falling apart. He felt like he couldn't come to do anything. Everything around him seemed to stand still as he tried to progress forward. He felt like he was trying to run through the ocean as the waves pushed him back. He felt stuck.

Time moves slow

When you're all alone

Miguel felt so alone, now. He had Eli, Demetri, Johnny, Carmen, and Rosa but he felt alone. Without her, he just felt trapped. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the days dragged on, Y/N still missing from his life.

And the time moves slow
When you're out on your own

He missed her. He missed her a hell of a lot. She was the only thing that kept him grounded and now she was gone. It was different than when she was in a coma. At least then he could visit her whenever he wanted. Now...he didn't even know where she was.

And the time moves slow
When you're missing a friend

Miguel's eyes followed the raindrops, his mind and heart screaming for Y/N to come home. He wanted her to hear his wishes, hoping she would just come back. But he knew it was impossible. They were too far apart. Physically and emotionally. At least that's what Miguel thought.

And the time moves slow
When you came to the end

Y/N laid her head against her window, watching the rain run down it, her eyes following the trails of the raindrops. She still hadn't come to terms with what she did. At the time, it all sounded so simple. Runaway from home and leave everything behind. What she didn't anticipate was how hard it would be to leave everything and everyone behind her.

Running away is easy
It's the leaving that's hard

It was so easy for her to run. She had been doing it her whole life. But she didn't realize how different it was this time. How hard it was just to forget everyone, to forget Miguel and run off with a man she barely knew. 

Running away is easy

Y/N wanted nothing more to go back to Miguel. He was her person. He was her home. But she couldn't. She loved him more than anything but going back didn't seem like that simple of an answer anymore. Y/N felt her heart scream for him, foolishly wishing he could hear her thoughts yell her love for him. But it wasn't that simple. Love never was.

It's the living that's hard
And loving you was easy

Miguel sighed as he pushed himself to his feet, shaking his head. He loved her, and he always will but now it was time to keep moving forward. He needed his heart to heal from the giant wound that carved it open. He needed to let the scar heal.

It was you leaving that scarred

----------------------------------------

A/N I really like this song and this idea just came to me. Hope you all enjoy.