52-Waves of Emotions

Sometimes life can be bitter and sometimes it can be sweet but right now it's sour. An aftertaste that never went away. Alora vanished yet again. How can a pregnant person just vanish in thin air? Where would Alora even stay for the night?

Meanwhile...New York

Pacing back and force while her mouth moved faster than she thought it did. Annika talked to her father Manuel as if she was reading an 100 page essay: reasons why Axel needs to come back to France.

Manuel listened closely. He was a man of words and a man who never got bored of hearing his children speak.

"Is that all?" Manuel asked

"Yes Dad" Annika said

"Well you need to take responsibility as well. If you didn't take Devine away everyone would still be in France. Don't you think so?"

"But-"

"There are no excuses just like there is no easy way out of any situation Annika. You must apologise and make peace. Why don't you go back to France with Devine? I'm sure Axel will come along.'"

"I'll try to make arrangements." Annika said

"And?" Manuel asked

"Apologise" Annika said

"Good. I'll call Axel first and talk to him." Manuel added

Manuel did just that. Axel was sitting on the couch when his phone rang. By this time now Lizzie and Devine were already asleep. Axel picked up his phone which laid beside him. He looked at the contact name and pouted before answering.

"Hello Father" Axel said putting the call on speaker

"Axel, what am I hearing about you leaving your pregnant wife in France" Manuel asked in a cold tone

"Wife?"

"Alora! You're fiancee and soon to be wife. Since you're st*pid!" Manuel yelled

"I didn't leave Alora in France she's free to come back to New York" Axel said

"She's pregnant! You don't just leave a pregnant woman all alone!"

"She's not alone! The team is with her! There's security in France!"

"If you keep acting like this you'll lose her! You'll lose everything! Fix it right now!" Manuel yelled

"Everything is fine, there's nothing to fix Father. I'll call you in the morning."

"The call isn't over! You must tell her about being a Gravano soon!" Manuel said

"I said I will! Just wait!" Axel hung up the phone angrily

"What's all this shouting about?" Lizzie woke up asking

Axel looked over and shook his head

"It's nothing to worry about. Just go back to bed." Axel said

"Aren't you gonna sleep?" Lizzie asked

"I'll just sleep on the couch" Axel said

Lizzie shrugged and left to head back to her room. Lizzie heard every word exchanged on the phone. She was intrigued; had Axel left Alora to be with her? Of Course Lizzie wanted to find out.

Lizzie was confused yet intrigued. Alora's engaged to Axel?! She thought to herself deeply.

Lizzie bit down on her tongue with jealousy; he even got her pregnant?!

She plopped down onto her bed thinking of what next steps to take.

Meanwhile...France

Lilith was trying her best to catch her breath as she panicked. She had searched the whole beach along with the driver to see if Alora was around. The problem that concerned her the most was there were no footprints in the sand that belonged to Alora's.

"I can't find her anywhere" The driver said

"I know. Just wait for me in the car. I need to think of what to do next." Lilith forced out

Lilith wiped her worried tears from her eyes as she bit down on her finger in deep thought.

"Lilith! Lilith!" The driver screamed running back to Lilith

"Did you find her?!" Lilith asked

"No! But the car is missing!" The driver yelled

"What?!" Lilith yelled out

Lilith placed her left palm on her forehead.

"Take a cab home, I'll come later. I need time to think." Lilith said

"But I have to make sure you're said" The driver protested

"No one is safe if Alora is missing. Mentally we're all caged now. Just go" Lilith whispered

The driver nodded slowly and walked away from the beach. Lilith watched as he left her alone with only the dancing waves and sand.

Lilith walked closer to the ocean, her shoes were wet and dirty from the sand. She breathed in deeply, calming down as she watched the blue waves. The ocean was a comfort.

Lilith breathed in the salty air of the ocean and listened quietly to the waves. She looked out ahead at the water and noticed something being washed up from the ocean. Lilith bent down to pick it up and gasped seeing the delicate ring in her hand.

"Alora's engagement ring" she whispered in shock 

~

~

~

Authors Note 

Woah! What is wrong with Axel?! What will Lizzie do? Lilith found the engagement ring?!  Where's Alora?! Will they ever find her?

Find out next! What do you think will happen?

Thanks for reading !