Chapter 3. Appreciation.

"Of course I'm glad he's safe", Seamus snorted. "I just think it's rude to leave without saying goodbye." The prominent pout clearly showed his disappointment in not having the young man join the final miles of their trip.

Sebastian picked up on his father's assessment of the emblem and came to the same conclusion.

"Don't tell Seamus", Kai insisted. "Even if Mouse is a student at the Academy we have no knowledge of his background." She paused frowning. "The one that came to collect him had a presence like I've never felt before." Looking up at Sebastian her frown turned into a smile. "That's why we're here, right? To learn new skills, acquire vital information and to help you grow", she said patting him on the shoulders. "Now eat your breakfast. We leave in thirty minutes."

The last part of their journey went smoothly and they arrived before the sun had fully set. To accommodate the trip all their luggage had been sent up-ahead a week before they set off and should be waiting for them in their assigned quarters. For now they would settle for the night in a modest building on the outskirts of the Academy grounds.

The next morning Sebastian looked around with amazement at the vastness of the grounds. He could see in every direction without detecting another building. Kai and Reese shared a feeling of nostalgia noticing the resemblance to the Palace grounds they both grew up in.

"The main Palace is situated in Doragon City, but Ian wasn't joking when he said that the Royal family was wealthy beyond belief. I believe he mentioned five major Palaces and eight slightly smaller estates. I mean, they have to be to maintain an Academy on such large grounds", Kai said patting Sebastian and Seamus on their shoulders. "Don't be idiots and go exploring without backup. Safety first." They were solid words of wisdom and totally waisted on the young. The excitement in their eyes said it all.

Reese was relieved to see her son's enthusiasm. The life they created for themselves in Minato was hardly ordinary. Ian Glass had been so much more than an employer to them and allowed Sebastian all the benefits he bestowed on his own flesh and blood. The opportunity he provided for them now was too fortuitous to ignore. Destiny had a way to take advantage of everyday life events to play out. His admittance here shouldn't raise too many eyebrows giving Kai and her the change to expand their search for the Blade.

Sebastian would be allowed to live with his parents during his stay at the Academy and despite Seamus' previous protest, the boy was happy that he had someplace to go should he feel homesick.

"You do realize that me visiting might be a daily affair, right?" he pouted leaning into Reese's embrace.

"You are welcome anytime, my sweet boy", Reese kissed his hair pulling him closer.

Their accommodation stood in a small village assigned to staff with family. Single staff members were housed in a side wing of the main building. The dorm where most of the students lived was situated in a park. Idyllic and so very different from what Sebastian had expected. He had imagined it more like barracks. Like the one his father spoke of whenever she mentioned her childhood.

Everything at the grounds appeared to be upper-class. Very upper-class. And the thought exited him. Sebastian new that he had reached a ceiling in his development. He was ready for new ... well ... everything! And this was just the place for it.

The family next door were assigned to guide them during the early stages of their stay. Dudley, his wife Eunice and their daughter Corrie all worked in the kitchen. Informative and friendly they made Kai, Reese and Sebastian feel welcomed and cared for.

"We've been looking forward to meeting you", Dudley said pointing at Kai and Sebastian. "Eran, the man who scouted you, hasn't stopped gushing about your talent and skillset." He turned to Reese with a reassuring smile. "I'm sure the administrator will find a suitable place for you as well."