Chapter 5- The Navigation Room

Don't you dare make me fall in love with you
Don't you dare enchant me with those eyes
If I fell through your skies,
There's no way you would catch me
There's a tear in my heart,
But your patch wouldn't match me
Being near you still adds to the size of my sighs,
There's still seismic events at hellos and goodbyes,
And I still need reminders of why it's unwise
To stare
So don't you dare
- Don't You Dare (Make Me Fall In Love With You) • Kaden MacKay

After being collected by Caspian, Harvey and James, accompanied by Lucy and Edmund, all walked into the Navigation Room. However, his focus was elsewhere.

     Everything had happened so quickly, and finally he and Caspian were together. They were together, and Harvey was safe. Harvey was safe, but they didn't know about Alfie. They didn't know about Alfie, but James was finally back where he belonged.

     It was taking a moment or two to sink in.

     Lucy had stepped towards a golden plate on the wall. It was a lion, perfectly sculpted.

  "Aslan." She smiled, fingers tracing the pattern.

     Caspian smiled as he showed Edmund a large painting on another section of the wall. It depicted the day they left Narnia, that first time. Four people, dressed royally, upon horses, beside them, a panther.

     Then, Caspian put his hands on James' shoulders and span him around to face another wall. His eyes opened, and quickly, he was in awe. There was a painting of a face he had been frightened to look at, one littered with scars, but he recognised it.

    It was him.

    "Do you like it?" Asked Caspian, almost tentatively. "I had it commissioned when you left."

  James took the King's hand from his shoulder, and held it close to his chest. There was so much he could say, so much he could do, but due to his siblings, best friend, and the captain of the ship being there, he kept it short. "I love it."

  Caspian kissed James' forehead, lightly brushing away the stray blonde hairs. "I am glad."

  "Look!" Lucy's voice snapped them from their small moment as she looked to one of the cabinets. "Susan's bow and arrows."

  When the Telmarine moved away from James, he was sad. It was selfish as he was grabbing Lucy's things for her, but he didn't want Caspian gone. "Lucy."

  She turned to see the man holding a small chest with a blue velvet inside. Upon it, her gifts from Father Christmas. "My healing cordial and dagger!" Then, she stepped forwards, before shying away. "Oh. May I?"

  "Of course." Smiled Caspian, handing her the box. "They're yours."

  At that, Edmund stated, in awe. "Peter's sword."

  "Yes. I looked after it as promised." The Telmarine moved over to the item, and picked it up, nonchalantly. "Here. Hold it if you wish."

  "No, no." Edmund backed away, as if it were a sin to be so close to the item. James didn't understand it. Peter had never been that good of a King, and his decisions only ever ended with disaster. Disaster and excessive amounts of blue blood. "Peter gave it to you."