His Angel 💗

(A/N): Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first oneshot of this book! This is a fluff/crack piece that is sure to make you smile even if it's only a little one! Enjoy <333

When I say the words 'boy next door', you'd probably think of some mysterious guy that only comes out after dark and rarely speaks to his neighbors. That's exactly how I would've described the man living across me a few weeks after he'd made his first appearance on the sidewalk.

I was in the middle of carrying in my belongings from the moving truck I'd rented when I first saw him. It was the beginning of July, and the high temperature for the day was 95°. Yet, there he stood in the sweltering summer heat dressed in a crimson-colored sweater and black slacks. He looked like a desert mirage, distant, beautiful, and completely out of place in the driveway he was standing in. His skin was clear and radiant under the summer sun, his dark hair tousled by a movie-quality breeze. He stood in the driveway for a solid five minutes reading a newspaper from the curb. His posture was perfect and his body language screamed of casual confidence. In other words, he looked like a supermodel.

I must've been staring longer than I intended because the pretty hazel eyes that had been carefully focused on today's news were now focused on me. He took a second to glance at the mountain of cardboard boxes surrounding me before meeting my eyes again. With a raise of a perfect eyebrow, he offered a wink and made his way back inside. I blinked rapidly, flustered and taken aback by his actions. After a couple more seconds, I just shook my head and continued working.

Now, the second time we'd crossed paths was at the local supermarket. My weekly grocery run had been going fairly well until I'd wandered down a specific aisle. My brother was in town for a few days and had unceremoniously dropped by with a ratty duffel bag in his hands. He'd thought to bring everything he needed for a two-week stay... except a stupid razor. So, before I'd left the house, he'd thrown me a $20 and told me what brand he preferred. If he were anyone else, I would've told him to shove his money where the sun didn't shine. He was my older brother, so I had the decency to tell him exactly that and still put his razors on my list.

I had been dreading going to the men's toiletry aisle, but I had run out of excuses and other items on my list. With a deep sigh, I swallowed my anxiety and discomfort before making my way onto the aisle. When I rounded the corner, that's when I saw him. He was just as gorgeous as before, maybe even more. This time he was wearing a black sweater and tan pants with a string of delicate pearls adorning his neck. I recall briefly being able to wonder what his obsession with sweaters in the summer was about before noticing the box in his hands. At first, I thought it was one of those fancy cologne boxes. Upon further inspection, though, I saw that they were... condoms.

I mentally cursed myself for not getting the razors before anything else and choosing the worst time possible to finally get over my discomfort. For a second, I considered turning around and getting them at another store. I glanced at my watch and cursed internally again. It was almost 3:00 p.m. and I had more errands to run. I reluctantly continued down the aisle hoping that the razors were a good distance away from him. Unfortunately for me, they were right beside my strange and insanely good-looking neighbor.

Once I had found the courage to look up from the phone in my hand, I looked over the various packages and brands while silently praying he would leave already. As I scanned the shelves toward the top, I soon realized that there was only one of the razors my brother had asked for left... and it was on the very top rack. I looked down the aisle hoping someone who worked here would just magically pass by and offer their assistance. Of course, that never happened.

I thought about trying to get it myself, but I was incredibly clumsy. I had no desire to break anything in the store nor any of my bones. As I tried to think of ways to get the razors, a deep voice met my ears. I jumped a bit and looked around wondering where the voice had come from. I looked to my right to find my neighbor staring at me with a raised eyebrow, the box still in his large, pretty hands. "I-I'm sorry, what?", I asked earning a chuckle from him. My body temperature seemed to be rising as I watched a smile stretch across his face. Holy fuck, he was gorgeous.

"I asked if you needed help. You looked a little confused there.", he spoke while nodding toward the variety of razors. I smiled hoping that he wouldn't notice that I was internally panicking. "Yeah, actually!", I started with a nervous laugh, "I was trying to get those blue ones at the top, but I can't reach them. My idiot brother sent me to get them.". My neighbor nodded in an understanding way before tossing the Magnums he was holding into a handbasket at his feet. "Well, you could've just asked me, doll. We are neighbors after all!", he spoke while reaching up to grab the plastic package. I couldn't even focus on the petname he'd given me as my eyes fixated on the swift rise and fall of the hem of his shirt. I had to get out of this store before I had an aneurism.

"Here you go! Is there anything else you need, doll?", he asked with an adorable tilt of his head. "Doll?", I parroted in heavy confusion as I tried to not become completely absorbed in the way his eyes sparkled, "What's that about?". The pretty he smile had been wearing stretched into a mischievous smirk as he moved his handbasket from the floor and shrugged. "I don't know...", he started while leaning forward,

"I just have a feeling you and I are going to be really, really close soon.".

THE END...

for now.

(A/N):

Hiiii!! I hope you all enjoyed this story!! Remember to eat food, drink water, and take care of yourselves! See y'all next week!

thesmolbean out.