4🔸Princess

Song - Tose nayna lage piya sawre

Third Person

"Yes" Relied the stranger in a timid voice while she wrapped her arms around herself.

"It's not safe for someone like you to roam around in such deep forest all alone" Arjun's voice was colder than he intended. He turned around and picked up the wooden stick before lightening it.

This wounded stranger probably wasn't as comfortable as he was with darkness.

"I'm not 'roaming around' " The timid voice was not so timid this time as it continued "I'm grateful to you sir for saving my life, accept this as a token of my gratitude"

Arjun turned around to reply but his tongue betrayed him when his eyes landed on the ethereal beauty before him.

Her face had dirt all over it with her kohl smudged. The red garment was torn from various side yet....

Yet the blue hued figure clad in untidy red garment and messy curls didn't appear like a person to him.

She seemed like an artist's art. Untouchable, unreachable.

Arjun's breath hitched when he fixed his gaze on her eyes, they had the colour of the richest rain soaked earth in yet had the kind of fierceness in them that he could almost feel its burn.

He closed his eyes to compose himself as a wave of shame swept over him.

"Your life worths more than the ring you're offering, Devi " Arjun replied calmly. His gaze instinctively flickering back to her long messy hair that plunged over her shoulder.

"So what were you doing here if not roaming around?" He asked

"My horse... It suddenly went wild and" Arjun watched as her throat bobbed as she continued "I'm searching for her"

"Its not possible to find a horse in such deep forest especially at night, so I request you to go back"

"I can't!" She replied firmly "I've to find her" She started limping her way before Arjun's hand caught her elbow.

Both of them frozen in their places. Arjun's heart caught in his throat at how her soft skin felt against his rough one before he hastily let her arm go.

"It's not safe. First let's get you out of here then we can find out someway to reach out to your horse" Arjun assured

"Bu-" She stopped before as she took a deep breath "Alright" She whispered before her eyes zeroed on his left arm as small gasp left her lips "You're bleeding"

"It's nothing" Arjun started walking toward the lake followed by her

"It's not nothing, please wait a bit"