B2-12: Holding Back

3rd Person's POV

"So are we gonna finally talk? Or are you going to continue to avoid me?"

Mila sits on Peter lap as they look at the sunset. It was the last day on the beach trip and they decided to spend it alone. So here they were on the balcony. Mila could tell things were a little different. Not much but she could tell at moments Peter would look at her as if he was devastated and look away instantly, then he would try not to make eye contact with her until he was better within an hour.

Peter sighs rubbing her leg, "I'm not avoiding you."

"Not on purpose you're not."

"Ror-"

"Peter we've been over this."

"You've been over it. I still stand by my statement. I don't want you hurt. When you're around me, you get hurt."

"So you just want to up and leave and vanish from my life?"

Peter stares ahead as Mila frowns running her hands through his hair. They sit and listen to the waves coming from the beach for a minute.

"Peter I love you. I really do, and I understand the dangers that come with my boyfriend being a superhero. Whether you like it or not you're not breaking up with me."

Peter snorts just as Mila grabs his face and turns him to look at her.

"You're stuck with me. We will get through this. It's just a bump in the road okay?"

Taking a deep breath, Peter nods and Mila kisses his head.

"I'm irrevocably enthralled by you Mila Rory Stacey."

"I love you too."

...

One Year Later

Spider-Man flies through the air between buildings as horns honk below.

"Whoo!" He hollers in excitement as he spins around a tall tower before heading down closer to the street.

It felt like forever since any action happened in New York. There was always small robberies or attacks but nothing like what was about to happen... or would be happening within a few months.