Sisters

*Evie's P.O.V*

Daniela dragged me up a flight of stairs and shoved a door open which made it swing open and hit the wall with a loud crack. I winced at the sound, knowing that she had probably cracked the door itself.

"Mother isn't going to be happy about that Daniela," a whispery soft voice said from inside the room. Daniela pulled me into the room and I noticed that it was the blonde lady that had hesitated on my first day here before she left.

"Look who finally came out of her room," Daniela said as she gestured to me with a grin. "I met her in the hallway talking to a maid," she said as she looked at the blonde while bouncing slightly.

"I see," the blonde spoke as she studied me. I shivered as her golden eyes traveled over me, sending chills down my spine. Her eyes were similar to Daniela's but they were also so very different. Her eyes held a darkness to them, a silent promise of pain to those who wronged her. It seemed I had found the most dangerous member of the Dimitrescu Family.

"Her name's Evie, isn't it a pretty name?" Daniela introduced me before I could open my mouth to introduce myself. Her hand moved to touch my face and I suddenly realized that the young redhead clearly had an issue with personal space.

"Very pretty," the blonde agreed after a moment. "Cassandra captured a man-thing roaming the halls last night, you should go help her-" she was cut off by Daniela turning into flies and buzzing out of the room.

"She seems hyper," I said after a moment of silence, the woman's eyes snapping to me. "I never got your name Miss..." I trailed off, waiting for her answer.

"Bela...Bela Dimitrescu," she said softly as she stood up and walked over to greet me. I held out my hand and she looked confused for a moment before offering her hand. I brought her hand to my lips and gave it a gentle kiss, a small smile on my lips.

"Lovely to meet you Miss Bela," I said as I released her hand. She fidgeted for a moment before snapping out of her shock. Bela, it was a beautiful name and it suited her perfectly.

"It's lovely to meet you as well Evie," Bela said as she pursed her lips in thought. Her eyes were still guarded but she seemed to be thinking over something. "I apologize that no one could give you a tour, my sisters are a bit much for most and I was assisting my mother with the winery," she said.

"It's fine, I haven't been the best guest so far since I've stayed in my room until today," I said as I ran a hand through my hair, a few loose strands falling in my face. "I apologize for that," I stated quietly.

"There is no need, Mother informed us that you would most likely be processing what happened to you," Bela said before she fell silent. The silence was soon broken by a swarm of flies entering the room and as they formed I noticed that this was the brunette of the trio that had greeted me on my first day. Bela had mentioned the name Cassandra and so I assumed this was her.

"Why is Daniela in the cellar torturing the man-thing that I caught?" Cassandra asked, seething slightly. Blood covered the black cloak she was wearing and a sickle was clutched tightly in her hand.

"I asked her to help you," Bela said simply, her voice sounding guarded. It was clear that she was displeased, what she was displeased by is what confused me though. What could have upset her so quickly?

"I don't need Dani's help," Cassandra said, a huff escaping her lips. She seemed to just notice me and stalked closer, her sickle coming towards my face before I could even blink. "Who is she?" Cassandra asked as the sickle ran down my face gently, the metal blade breaking skin and causing blood to trickle out of the mark she left.

"Cassandra, don't hurt our guest," Bela scolded as she stepped forward to remove the sickle from Cassandra's hand.

"This is our guest? She looks different," Cassandra said as she brought the sickle blade to her lips, licking the blood off of it. "Nothing special," she murmured but that was a glitter of curiosity in her eyes. "What's your name?" she asked abruptly.

"Isn't it customary to introduce yourself first?" I retorted, watching the surprise and then anger wash over her face.

"Tell me your name or I'll gut you," Cassandra growled and a small giggle escaped my lips as I looked at her.

"Do it, Mother Miranda would be most displeased with you," I whispered, meeting her gaze challengingly.

"Mother Miranda would understand that you are annoying," Cassandra muttered as she turned the sickle up in the air and caught it as she studied me. A small smile had worked its way onto my lips, oh winding her up was fun. Cassandra raised her sickle before it was suddenly ripped out of her hand by Bella.

"Evie this is my Cassandra, Cassandra this is Evie," Bela said as she held the sickle tightly. "Behave or I'll get Mother," she warned Cassandra who nodded her head in agreement. A swarm of flies entered the room and Daniela formed with a pout.

"Cassandra, you left the cellar door open and the prey got out," Daniela said as she sat on the edge of a nearby table.

"I did no such thing," Cassandra said as she frowned. "You probably did it, you're always forgetting things," she stated.

"Am not," Daniela hissed as she glared at Cassandra. Cassandra lunged at her and they ended up on the floor, biting and scratching at each other.

"Children behave," Bela said, making both of them stop only to pull her into the fight. "Mother would-" she was cut off rather quickly.

"Mother would what?" a raspy voice said and I spun around to see the lady of the house entering the room. She had to duck to get through the doorway but once she straightened up I felt my stomach drop. She was so tall, why was she so tall? I tried to meet her gaze but it was trained on the girls that were still fighting on the floor. "GIRLS, that is enough," her voice echoed around the room and they all separated instantly.

"Sorry Mother," Bela said, the other two echoing their apologies after hers.

"There is a wretched man-thing loose in our home, go find him Cassandra and Daniela," Lady Dimitrescu said causing Cassandra to snatch her sickle from the floor where Bela had dropped it in and disappear into a swarm of flies that quickly flew past the lady. Daniela opted to go through the vents and soon only Bela, Lady Dimitrescu, and I remained.

Lady Dimitrescu's gaze scanned the room, quickly landing on me. Her golden eyes glowed from the shadow that was cast on her face from the hat she was wearing. I could tell she was assessing me but I couldn't break my gaze away from hers. Once I managed to, I took in the sight of her.

"Holy fucking shit, you are so pretty," it only occurred to me that I said those words out loud when Bela's head snapped to look at me, her eyes wide. "Did I say that out loud?" I whispered to Bela who nodded.

"Bela, go help your sisters. It's time I get acquainted with our guest," Lady Dimitrescu said. Bela turned into her swarm and left the room quickly, leaving me alone with the Lady. My face felt like it was burning from how hard I would be blushing but I knew no sign of it would show up on my pale skin so I allowed myself the peace that she wouldn't know how embarrassed I truly was.