Stars and Moon

You being 7 foot tall isn't all that it cracked up to be. You are very clumsy, can never find clothes that fit properly, always get in the way and potential partners tend to be intimidated by your stature. You learned to remedy a few of those problems by learning to make your own clothes, standing in the very back of large groups like at concerts and being comfortable with your own company. Even though you are taller then most doorways you still try to live a normal life. You go out with friends and have hobbies. You really enjoy Electric Dance Music and attending the festivals that your favorite DJs play. You and your friend Jane were planning on going to one this weekend but she seems to be too involved with her new boyfriend at the moment. "No it's fine. I can go on my own." "I feel bad though. We've been planning this for months but Thor just kinda strung this on me. I can say I'm too busy to meet his parents. That wouldn't be a good look." Jane says over the phone. "Understandable. What are you going to do with your ticket?" "Oh I have a plan to hopefully make it up to you. Thor has this friend that I think you'll really like." "Ugh Jane not one of your blind dates again. They never work out." You groan, remembering all the other times she's tried to influence your love life. "Please hear me out on this. I have a gut feeling it's going to be great and if not I'll never interfere again. I promise." "You promise?" "Absolutely. Now you wanna know his name?" She giggles causing you to roll your eyes. "Sure." "Loki. Yes I know it's an odd name. He's from a different realm like Thor." "Geez am I that hopeless that I now need to look for an alien to be my boyfriend?" You sass earning a displeased sigh on the other end. "I'm dating a so called alien and I'm very happy thank you very much. Anyway he said he'd love to go and meet you there. Also I'm not giving you a picture. Trust me when I say this you'll know him when you see him." "Is he at least kind?" "Yes and very funny. I know you like the funny types."

It's about 2 hours into the festival and no sign of Jane's mystery man. You don't really mind if he doesn't show you're too mesmerized by the music and light show. You're dancing your heart out not really paying attention to your surroundings. You're at the very back so there shouldn't be too many people around you anyway. You start to hear someone yelling and you turn towards the voice. "Fuck watch were you're going freak! You made me drop my drink!" A guy screams at you as he shakes his drink off of his hands. "Oh goodness I'm sorry. I'll pay for another. Here I have a towel." You say as you start to unzip your backpack. "No just leave me alone you giraffe. You should be in a freak show!" You just stand there shocked and a little upset by his words when you hear another voice. "Hey go pick on someone your own size. Gods you're a tiny man." The voice laughs as the guy cranes his neck to look at the person talking. You turn to see a very large blue man standing next to you. The blue man crouches down to talk to you. "Hey are you alright?" "Y-yes I'm fine. A little shocked is all." "Yeah it happens. I'm Loki by the way." He says offering his hand for you to shake. Your hand is so small in his but you shake none the less. "Wait you're Loki? I'm (Y/N) my friend Jane said we are supposed to meet here." "Oh my god. I've been looking for you. You look different with your body paint. Nice to meet you." He laughs causing you to giggle. "You know I've never met someone I have to look up to." "I can tell. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?" "7 foot. You?" "11. Mind if we go over by those trees to talk? It's hard to hear you over the music dear." You nod and take his hand to walk over to the trees.

"There that's better. I like your paint and outfit by the way. Jane said you like to get dressed up for these things." He says as he sits on the ground back against the tree. "Oh thank you. I made it myself." You say sitting down next to him. "Really? You're very talented then." "Eh learned out of necessity. Not many clothes from the store fit right. But I guess you experience that too." "Absolutely. It was a nightmare trying to find these. I'm usually in my armor or palace robes." "Palace robes? Armor?" "Ah I see she didn't tell you huh?" "She gave me very little detail. Just your name and you are to meet me here." "Well then let me introduce myself properly. I am Loki prince of Jotunheim. A realm of snow and ice. The realm where the Jotuns aka frost giants live. Hence the blue and the height." He laughs gesturing to his body. "Pleased to meet you prince Loki." You say as you bow your head. You feel him take your hand and kiss it. "Like wise darling."