4.8

[4.8]

Wu Down

A few minutes later, which were filled with an awkward silence, the food arrived. Rae's face lit up and she took her chopsticks, ready to dig in her plate of sushi, but Korra hit her hand, making her drop her utensils. "We should be waiting for the prince," she muttered to the woman, making her roll her eyes.

"I wonder what's taking him so long," said Mako worriedly after he heard Korra's mutter, "he's not one to miss out on lunch. I'll go check on him."

Mako got to his feet and left before any of the women could question him. Rae drummed her gloved fingers on the table, waiting for the two to come back so she could eat. Since her mother didn't have any food and her apartment was practically deserted, Rae hadn't eaten anything but a few packs of crackers since she left Zaofu, and she was famished.

The Avatar turned to Asami and they exchange a few words to which Rae didn't pay attention. When she realized Korra's attention wasn't on her anymore, she extended her arm and grabbed her chopsticks. Bringing a piece of sushi to her mouth, she smiled when the scent of the dish approached her nostrils. Suddenly, a hand knocked down her chopsticks, making Rae's eyes got wide.

"Let's go, Rae," said Korra as she dragged the Guardian away from her lunch.

Once they got in front of the bathrooms, Rae leaned on the wall between Asami and Korra and waited for Mako to come back with Wu. She sighed, muttering a small "alright" when Korra walked away, telling them she'd be right back. She crossed her hands over her chest, the fabric of her dress rising up a little to reveal her mid-thigh. Annoyed by it, Rae brought her hand down and pulled the rim of the dress further down her legs right as Mako walked out of the men's bathroom, panicked.

"He's no here," he said, his eyes wide, and then the three of them heard a crash from outside.

"they've got Wu," exclaimed Korra as she got to her feet when the three of them ran outside, "get the car, I'm going after them!"

Asami and Mako ran back inside the restaurant, the woman grabbing Rae's left hand and dragging her behind them, knowing she would want to follow Korra. The three of them rushed to the car and got in, Asami pressing the gas pedal even before Rae was seated. The Guardian fell on her back with wide eyes, having been knocked down by the powerful start. She gripped the sides of her seat tightly, not being able to see anything through the powerful vibrations the engine emitted.

"get in," shouted Asami once the car stopped and Rae felt Korra scoot over her body so she could take a seat.

The car took a sharp turn, or more tried to take the turn, but Rae's powerful senses detected some kind of wall being built between the two cars. But Asami didn't stop the car, on the contrary, she started speeding more, other vehicles honking at them.