29

Chen Ming stopped confirming the direction-he saw more light

and could vaguely

capture the flaming colors.

The poppy fields were in front of him.

He

now had two choices: doing it alone or waiting for Zhou Nan’s assistance. It

was too dangerous by himself, but

they had run in opposite directions for some time, and it

should take a while for Zhou Nan to catch up.

Without any warning, a thunder struck the sky and drizzle fell.

“Forget it.” Chen Ming decided to crawl through the weeds. He put down his bag, put many tree branches and leaves on it to cover its original look, and dragged it on the side.

It was hard to endure all of this. Every time the searchlight swept, Chen Ming felt as prominent as an exploding atomic bomb. All he could do was holding his breath and playing dead. He hoped that the half-human tall bushes and the backpack could cover him up. Fortunately, the rain obscured the vision, and everything was blurred.

After crawling a hundred meters, he was covered in mud, and the rain was heavier. The villagers also gathered in temporary sheds to take shelter from the rain.

Thus, Chen Ming stood up and put on the bag. The heaven was helping him, and it made no sense not to be tough.

After a brief observation, he rushed straight into the flower field. He knew that before entering it, there was no place to hide. Once he was spotted, it would be all over.

Faster, faster.

Thinking about it, he suddenly stumbled over something like a vine. He almost fell with his face hitting the ground. His palms were scratched and they were burning hot.

But

now it was not the time to think about the injury. Chen

Ming cursed and turned back to find it was a hose that was in the way.

“Wait a minute. Why is there a hose in the woods?” He followed it and found a small shed more than a dozen meters away that could accommodate one or two.

A man stood up slowly with a flashlight. It could be barely told from the silhouette that he was facing Chen Ming whose face went pale. Chen Ming didn’t dare to move and said to himself, “God, help me. It must be dead, right?”

The answer was no.

There came the dazzling light in about a second. Oh no, half a second.

When the villager turned on the flashlight, Chen Ming saw Zhou Nan suddenly rushed over from aside and bumped into the man. He wanted to shout, “Nice hit!”

The villager fell uncontrollably and dropped the flashlight. There was just one villager here. Chen Ming tried his best to get up and jumped into the flower field.

This was not finished. He raised his head and looked at Zhou Nan, fearing that the latter would become a fierce ghost again.

Zhou Nan waved at Chen Ming without a hint of blue, so he controlled his mood well.

Chen Ming sighed with relief and lowered his head. Through the poppies, he saw the villager pick up the flashlight, held his back, and checked where he tripped. Seeing nothing, he muttered with dismay and continued searching around with the flashlight.

Zhou Nan knew that his job was not over and continued to make sounds to distract the villager.

“Good job, Zhou Nan.” Even if he couldn’t hear, Chen Ming couldn’t help whispering.

However, arriving at the flower field was only the first step and there were more things to do. His hands trembled because of the tension and Chen Ming took great efforts to take out a half-wet spell.

It was for corpse smell testing. If there were zombies nearby, it would turn black.

The lightning struck, bringing a brief brightness.

Chen Ming stared at the black corners of the paper in disbelief. Wiping away the rainwater and blinking hard, he rubbed the black area to see whether it was a mold spot. He fumbled for a lighter, shielded it from the rain, and lit it.

“Could not be so bad, bro…” Before he finished, most of the paper turned black.

Now he did not get it wrong.

Chen Ming became nervous. He threw the useless spell away and clasped the handle of the peachwood sword. While lying still, he kept an eye on the sounds around him.

A few seconds later, he heard an eerie rustle which happened to come from where he lay.

“Damn it, you really can’t give me a break…”