30

Chapter 30 – Trigram of Fire

The din of summer was already thick.

The elms on both sides of Ye City's streets grew more and more lush, and the sound of chirping cicadas could be heard everywhere. The girls on the streets wore more revealing clothing, sleeveless dresses covered by green muslin that faintly showed slender arms as white as lotus roots. The city's street vendors began selling cold honey rice dumplings and cold sesame noodles. Stand owners stood on the side, enthusiastically calling out to the wandering customers.

And the courtyard by Lake Qiu, being shaded with rippling water and a lakeside breeze, seemed especially cool and refreshing in this kind of summer.

Today, the Cang Ya sect disciples left their quarters early as usual.

Maybe it was because of the particularly interesting match today, or maybe it was just the increasingly early dawn, but when they walked down the street there were many eyes on them watching both discreetly and blatantly.

Yin Biyue furrowed his eyebrows, he could use his Divine Sense to prevent spying, but he could not prevent other people from staring at him.

From the time they left the mountain until now, he already got an impression of the problem with his unusual hair color. If he could, he still wished to change it back.

A battle with a gap in cultivation realms was approaching, yet he had the mood to think about these things. It's because his mind was calm, not at all worried.

Yin Biyue's was not the first match.

But a lot of people knew he was fighting today. From the crowd below the stage to Ye city's gambling hall, and even to the distant four continents, they would all pay extremely close attention to this match.

So much so that on the east side of the viewing platform, seating was already being rearranged because of the arrival of two important elders half a step into the Greater Vessel Stage, one from the Qing Lu Sword Sect, and the other from Ye City's temple.

They hadn't shown their faces in the past few days but appeared with this kind of timing, it seems like they came here especially to watch this white-haired youth fight.

This was naturally not because Yin Biyue's cultivation realm was high, but because at his back was the shadow of the esteemed Sword Saint.

The longer you live in prominence, the more you like to make things complicated. Xi Hua Peak had never before participated in the Flower Picking Festival, but this year they came.

What was the Sword Saint trying to do?

The elders on the viewing platform sat under the lush trees drinking JunShan YunWu tea and chatting about frivolous matters of the mists and clouds. They sized up that group of calf-like youngsters, and in the end, waited for that young man to go up.

Yin Biyue and He Lai mounted the stage to and cupped their hands in greeting.

The previous battles on the other three stages had just finished, the attending disciple announced the result, the stage was cleaned up, and the people were carried off.

The two of them came too early, but as no one had announced the start of the match, they could only stand opposite each other.

Since there were so many people watching, they had so say something.

With an indifferent face, He Lai unenthusiastically spoke, "You're not bad at all."

He heard that his opponent been in Cang Ya sect for only three years and already reached the Soul Condensing stage, naturally he deserves a "not bad."