32

Ch. 32 Confrontation

Just as they entered the tea house—the storytelling, the clamour, the clatter of chopsticks, and the sound of lidded teacups, all strangely fell silent.

The shouting and hawking from the distant street drifted in through the delicately carved windows, so far as if from another world.

Here, there were no comments and no prying eyes.

Evidently they were standing on the stairs in the center of the tea house, both the up and downstairs halls full of guests; but they all meticulously avoided speaking about them, giving them the illusion that there was no one else present.

Within this silence, Zhong Shan moved to the side and took a couple step down.

He originally stood above them and opened his mouth to speak. Duan Chongxuan and Yin Biyue could only look up at him

But he didn't do that.

Instead, he walked down a few more steps, moved to the side, and gave a perfectly executed half greeting.

Yin Biyue lead Duan Chongxuan in peacefully returning the greeting.

It seemed like the entire tea house heaved a sigh of relief.

However, Duan Chongxuan's brow hadn't been able to relax before Zhong Shan spoke towards Yin Biyue. His tone was acerbic, like swords scraping on stone.

"I learned to wield a sword at age four"

Yin Biyue stared blankly. He was... introducing himself???

He didn't understand what Zhong Shan meant to do, but since he was speaking sincerely, he also should listen sincerely.

So, he nodded his head to signify that he was listening.

Zhong Shan continued, "I learned my first set of sword techniques at age six, achieved Qi Condensation stage at age ten, and Marrow Cleansing stage at age fourteen. I mastered the sword young, with no equal under the Soul Condensing stage.

The tea house could not hold back their intake of breath.

This talent was enough to make any person arrogant, but Yin Biyue could see that this person in front of him was only stating facts without any intention of showing off.

This was a genuine self-confidence.

Authentic self-confidence that doesn't need any showing off to earn others' acknowledgment, because one already approves of himself.

"Before age sixteen, I always assumed I would become a disciple of the Sword Saint"

Clatter—

In the now quiet room, someone was shocked into dropping a teacup, shattering the porcelain and spilling tea everywhere.

Yin Biyue still didn't speak, even with these words full of provocative intent.

"The Sword Saint picked you over me, yet I do not think that you are stronger than me."

"This made me envious."

"This Flower Picking Festival, I had hoped for a battle with the young lord¹."

The words had barely fallen from his mouth before a magnificent blaze of battle aura surged forth!

The pressure of his cultivation realm was strictly controlled, and not one iota leaked out

Yin Biyue calmly faced his opposition.

He thought; he already understood a little of what kind of person Zhong Shan is.