Aldertree?

— ALDERTREE? —

ALDERTREE?

●♤♤

I walked towards Izzy with long strides and a frown. Why was i even considering letting Alec use his parabatai rune? I growled lowly to myself, storming quicker towards my very own parabatai. I had to talk to her.

"Rea?" I pursed my lips as i got within steps of Izzy. I watched as she squinted her eyes at me, frowning. She looked over every part of me, from head to toe, trying to disypher something. "What's got you so...angry?"

"I'm not angry, I-"  Why couldn't i finish my sentence? Ohhhh....because i was kind of angry, that's why. I felt my heart pound slightly, i couldn't spill everything. Not here, not now. I just wanted some advice from Izzy, possibly a good pep talk...although she sucked at them.

"I know when you're lying, Verena." Izzy said sternly and i huffed, ducking my head. I fiddled with the hem of my plaid skirt, staring at the sleek black heels i had on, too. "What's up?"

"What's wrong with my niece?" I rolled my eyes and lifted my head, staring at Nataniella. She seemed so...what's the word? Full of herself, in a way. She looked me up and down before looking at Izzy. "You're her sister in law?"

"Yes, ma'am." Izzy said politely, and Nataniella nodded with a slight grimace.

"What's that look for?"

"Why can't you trust me?" Nataniella shot back, although, what's that got to do with what i asked? It doesn't, that's what.

"Because i don't know you." I glared at the red-headed woman and, when she opened her mouth to say something, i saw Alec walking towards me. I took note of all the other Shadowhunters that began walking towards us, and then, when i turned to face what they were looking at, i saw Maryse and a few other Clave operatives. "Maryse?" I whispered, staring at the woman who had been kind to me ever since i met her. She looked at me, though, with a saddened expression.

"We are at war." Was what she said at first, and i felt my mouth gape open. Since when? With who? "Valentine now has the Mortal Cup," i felt my insides churn at the thought that boldi-locks has his grubby hands on something that was so prized to the Shadowhunters...and something i probably almost died for, too. "-with which he is, no doubt, raising a new army..." just as Maryse took a moments pause, i noticed Clary walk towards me and Izzy, followed by Luke, Simon and Jocelyn. Nataniella was standing next to Jocelyn, the two sending each other sad smiles.

Were they just as bad as each other? My hand reached towards my throat, where i frowned upon realising Luke's necklace wasn't there.