Basket 17

Third POV

After the incredible dunk that she had pulled, the crowds were definitely starting to eat up the triple threat showing off what she could really do in a game. But there was some members of the audience who were left speechless by this sudden development, Aomine actually challenging (Y/N) like that out of nowhere.

Kise's eyebrows furrowed as he watched the tall girl hurry her way back to Seirin as both teams exited the court. Truthfully, the model was worried for her. He had never seen her look so expressionless in a game before, not even during the one where she had gone all out against the rest of the miracles.

"Hey, Midorimacchi. Do you think (Y/N)cchi will be okay during the second half?" The blonde boy asked the shooting guard all of sudden as he kept his eyes facing the court.

Midorima turned his head to face Kise once again, somewhat caught off guard by the sudden question. The green haired miracle was still in awe at the dunk (Y/N) had just pulled that he had forgotten about the main situation at hand for the girl. Not hearing an answer from his former teammate at first, the copycat spoke once again.

"I mean, this is the first time they've played against each other since everything happened back in middle school. I just...don't want her to get hurt by him again," he elaborated, a small hint of anger now on his face.

For once, Midorima could actually agree with Kise on something. The miracle shooter's mind then went back to the phone call that he had with the navy haired ace after Shutoku lost to Seirin. That tone of voice that Aomine took with him when he had brought up (Y/N) wasn't quite that of resentment towards the girl. In fact, that growly 'back off' seemed to be the exact opposite, almost telling Midorima that Aomine wouldn't even think of putting his hands of the (h/c) haired girl like that ever again.

In his own aggressive way, the ace had relayed the shooting guard that he shouldn't even think about accusing Aomine of doing something like that ever again.

"I don't believe he'd be stupid enough to try anything. However, I can only imagine what that did to (Y/N) emotionally. You know how she is, she likes to hide how she's really feeling, and with even the problems that she's facing, thinking it's a burden to others," Midorima spoke, pushing up his glasses slightly.

However, that couldn't be farther from the truth when it came to her problems. (Y/N) acted as a pillar to so many that she had forgotten that she too, could lean on others for support whenever she needed it. Some of those emotional habits probably became more prominent after she had lost her mother, everyone knew what that did her.

Even if she was hurting, (Y/N) would still try her best to put on a smile, but there was only so much she could bottle up until it became too full. And Kise knew that too, he had witnessed it first hand back after the practice game between Kaijo and Seirin.

Down with Shutoku, they had suspected something was up between the two powerful miracles after witnessing that little showdown between the two. And judging by their manager's nervousness, being more prominent than usual, it only strengthened their suspicions.

"Is there, like, a beef between (Y/N) and Aomine, Naoki?" Takao decided to break the ice first.

"Kinda hard to believe if she had a beef with anyone. She's too nice for her own good," Miyaji commented as leaned forward, crossing his arms on the seats in front of him, looking between Naoki and Ootsubo.

Said statement was mutually agreed upon throughout all of the Shutoku players.

The pink haired boy was a little hesitant to explain the whole story. He knew that his cousin wouldn't want there to be any dirt on Aomine's name, but this whole situation was just a complicated mess.