34: Darling

Elena held her phone up. "Why can't I get a signal?" She asked in annoyance. "The bars haven't been consistent since this morning. I did manage to send one text message to Violet though. How's yours doing?" She sighed heavily. "Not great."

"I'm sorry about that." She gave me a smile that said, yeah well.. The afternoon rolled in and the rain still hasn't stopped. "I never got to ask. How was your sleep last night?" And there's the question I've been trying to avoid all day. "Pr-pretty good." I laughed nervously. Ahem "How about you? Y-you slept well?"

"I slept like a baby. Probably the best I've had in a while."

"There's something you should know." I'm gonna tell her. "It sounded like you were having a nightmare last night." God, it's cold! "And.. well." Elena stepped closer to me and whispered. "Grace"

"Yes?"

"Did you come to my room and helped me with a bad dream?" Oh, she knows? "'Y-yes." She smiled and touched my cheek with the back o her hand. She's so warm. I found myself leaning close to her touch. "Thank you, darling. That was very sweet of you." Darling. I let that linger in my mind. I wanted to ask what she was dreaming about but maybe it's none of my business. Besides, who knows how long we're going to be stuck in here. "My shirt.. did you happen to-"

"I didn't take it off." I blurted defensively. Shit. That was too quick. She laughed. "I was just uhm, asking if you've seen it." Oh. "Probably under the pillow or the bed, idunno.." I walked to the kitchen. I don't want her to think I molested her! Oh, God what if that's the way she feels??