Chapter 28 (RR)

Rye's POV

I didn't notice that mom was calling me. I tried to call him back, but he is now rejecting it.

"Can you please speed up?"
My mom is mad at me again; I will bet my bank account.

I ran to the third floor and saw him mopping alone. Dad is not with him, maybe that's why he called.

"Sorry, mom. Why did you call? I didn't notice my phone." I asked.

He is not replying. Come on.

"What happened?"
I asked him again.
"Mom? Where is dad?"
My mother hates the feeling of being ignored.

Aki arrived too.
"What happened, mom?"

"Aki!" He cried to my brothe. Well, I must say that he can really comfort mom more than me. I don't know what nice things do I need to tell mom. Aki has always been like that to everyone. Outside the mansion, people think that Aki is just a typical rich brat who is always unreasonable. They sees him as the bad guy. But here in the mansion, he is someone who would comfort you when you have a problem.

"What happened to my beautiful mommy?" He asked.

"Your dad didn't answer my call. Rye ignored me too. I was busy cleaning the whole day, but no one appreciated me here. The last time I received flowers was three weeks ago. I am tired." They are hugging each other.

It's my dad's and mine's fault now.

"Huh? I already ordered flowers earlier. I'll call again to follow up. My mom deserves a flower every day. Dad said he will be in a call for two hours." Aki told him. Dad is just a floor away, for heaven's sake.

Aki looked at me, signaling me to order flowers right now. I did.
Mom is always clingy, especially to dad and Aki. He knows I am not sweet. I am not good with it.

"I am sorry, mom. Why not rest for now since you are tired already?" I asked him. "I ordered a cake for you on my way here. I am sorry for not answering the call. It was on silent mode."

"Really?" He sounded so excited when he heard a cake. He likes receiving it even though, he doesn't eat that much.

"Really. Just wait for it." I kissed his forehead and let Aki do the comforting. It will take more than an hour for sure.

I asked my bodyguard to buy flowers and cake and to have them immediately delivered.

When I checked my phone, Riley had lots of messages to me already.

"I am so jealous of Maru. He is sending me their picture at Haven."
"I want to go there too."
"Rye, are you home?"
"Rye?"
"Okay, don't reply."
"Let's break up. Just kidding. I am just practicing."
"Rye, are you mad?"
"Did you arrive home safely?"
"I'll sleep now. Sorry for disturbing you."

This is the first time I have received many messages coming from Riley.

He answered my call.

"Yes? I am studying." He said.

"Really?"

"Oh! You don't believe me now just because you saw a failed quiz. Excuse me? It was just once." He was so defensive.

Once today?

"Can you open the cam?"

"You really don't believe me, do you?" Riley opened his camera and showed me the unopened books.

"I believe you. Can I watch you study?"

"You have a trust issue. Is it a trend now? Watching someone studying. I can't concentrate if you'll watch me. You know you make me nervous every time...oh shit, what I mean is... Uhm... Not every time...but sometimes... and you know... Ughhh! Why would you watch me?" He kept on stammering.