Chapter 66

Seoyeon's POV

The loud sound of my alarm disturbed my sleep, as my eyes felt the strike of bright rays of sun through my windowpane. Slowly, I heard voices, subtly singing, so I rubbed my eyes open and reached for my phone to check the time. I got surprised when I realized I overslept, that made me jump out of bed and boom!

"Aish, stupid headaches." I whined as I held onto my head while trying to regain all of my consciousness. "Remind yourself again to never stand up immediately after waking up." I mumbled irritably and squeezed my eyes shut to shrug the pain away.

I then quickly went to the bathroom and did my routine. When the warm water from the shower spalshed against my skin, it woke all of my senses. I stood there for a bit, letting my body get totally rinsed, as I recalled yesterday's events.

What bothers me the most was the DNA test, which is the sole reason why I really wanted to go home to my parents today. I want to talk to them about it and all the possible outcomes if I agree to get tested again. To be honest, I'm scared to see the results. Yoongi's family is one of the well-known people in the world of business.

It also makes me think about Seyoung. She was Namjoon's wife and the mother of his daughter. If the test shows a positive result, that means I'm dating my late sister's husband. I know that I'm not doing anything wrong, but it feels somewhat weird to me. It's like disrespecting her, for some reasons.

I just let those thoughts go as I proceed to bathe myself. It didn't took me long, and when I was done, I dried myself and wore my undergarments before covering myself with my robe. Since I had everything prepared beforehand, I didn't have any hard time choosing what to wear. So, after dressing myself, I dried my hair with a towel and sat on my vanity table. Staring at my reflection, I let out a sharp exhale. Everything is just so overwhelming sometimes.

"You'll be fine, Seoyeon." I assured to myself and patted my shoulder, but got startled when my phone suddenly rang.

I reached for it and immediately saw Namjoon's name on the caller ID. I felt myself smiling as I pressed the green button to answer his call.

"Good morning, love." I greeted as I look at myself on the mirror, watching my expressions.

(Good morning, my beautiful lady. How's your sleep?)

"It was nice, I guess. I slept late since me and the girls had a movie date while eating the pizza you bought for us. How about you? Have you eaten breakfast already?" I asked and let my chin rest on my palm as I elbow the table.

(I slept very well because of your message. Also, I just finished breakfast with Hwayoung and Taehyung. Don't worry, love, I ate toasts and scrambled egg, along with coffee.)

I chuckled upon hearing his answer, "That's good, love. I'm glad you ate a proper breakfast. Are you still feeling under the weather?"

I put the speaker on as I place my phone on a stand. I've decided to get ready while also talking to him.

(I feel a lot better now. Especially that I'm hearing your voice.)

"Oh, stop with the flattery, Mr. Kim." I teased and heard him laugh on the other line.

(I'm telling you the truth, my love. You literally are the medicine that heals me.)

"Correction: Hwayoung and I are your medicine." I said as a matter of fact while combing my hair.

(Of course, you and our daughter. I wish you live here with us. Don't you want to live here with us? It's rent-free here, love.)

"Don't be silly, love, I can't just live there." I then uttered, "But I'll surely visit you and Hwayoung and we can have a sleepover."