Chapter 68

Author's POV

Dinner with her family was always Seoyeon's favorite part of the day. It's when they talk about everything that had happened to them within the day. She remembers the time when she would always babble about her experiences at school every dinner with her parents. They were always interested about her stories, and until now they still are.

"Really? He prepared a fireworks display for you?" Her mother asked in amusement while she nods assuringly. "Wow, that boy is really a romantic one." Was a comment from her mother after.

Her father just listened to everything and gives subtle to less subtle reactions depending on what Seoyeon is saying. He loves listening to her experiences. She's still his little pumpkin after all.

When they were done having dinner, Seoyeon helped her father in doing the dishes. Why her father, you asked? Well, her father said that washing the dishes is the least he could do to help his wife. She cooked the meal, so it's fair enough to let her rest after eating while he does the dishes for her. Sweet isn't it? Seoyeon promised herself that she will find a man who loves his wife the way her father does to her mother. Apparently, she saw that to Namjoon somehow.

"Appa," She called, her father hummed in response. "What do you think of Namjoon? Like, honestly." She asked, making her father pause for a moment to think.

"Well, Mr. Kim's eldest son is indeed an amazing man." He said as he continues to wash the dishes. "Even back then, when he was still younger, he already showed great skills in leading the company as his father's apprentice. Kind, dignified, and responsible. I do know how he treated you before, but I also believe that we all have our own flaws and imperfections. Even the strongest man have weaknesses. If he is doing something to fix his mistakes and as long as he treats you right, I'm fine with your relationship." He added, which brought a smile on Seoyeon's face.

"Do your think I deserve someone like him?" She asked and her father smiled at her.

"Oh, I do know that for sure, pumpkin. You deserve nothing but the best, for you are the sweetest, most beautiful, and kindest daughter I've ever had." He said and kissed Seoyeon's forehead.

"Of course, appa. I am your only daughter." She giggled and hugged her father.

"Why am I not included, hm?" Her mother suddenly asked, making the two turn around and see her pouting while her hands are on her waist.

"Aish, my beautiful wife is sulking again. Come here, my darling." Her father cooed and extended his arms for her.

She tried to stop herself from smiling as she went to join her husband and their daughter. Seoyeon just chuckled as she enjoyed the hug with them, but the thought about the DNA test is still in her mind. She knows she has to ask them sooner or later.

Seoyeon waited until they were done with the dishes. They're now in the living room, resting while listening to classical songs. It's now or never.

"Can I ask you something?" She initiated and the two looked at her.

"Of course, my dear. What is it?" Her mother motioned for her to continue.

"Uhm.... What are your thoughts about me finding my.... Uhm, my biological parents?" She nervously asked, fingers fiddling, and looked at them worriedly.

The two were stunned with her question. They don't expect this kind of information to be asked this instance, but they didn't show any negative emotions. They knew this day would come eventually.

"Well, my dear," Her mother sighed and looked at her husband before continuing, "Your father and I have nothing against that. You have the right and freedom to look for your biological parents." She smiled warmly at her.