2

Jungkook is finally in his teens.

14  years old.

He is sitting down on the door step and scraping on the soil using a stick twig, forming certain shapes all over

His father never stopped beating him up.

His legs were still full of scars.

"What are you doing there? GET A FREAKING JOB." His father kicked his back harshly as he stepped out of the house.

He had his suitcase with him and a woman in her 40s arrived and hugged him..

"Yeobo, leave him alone." The lady said in her fake sweet tone.

His father looked at him disgusted before  leaving him like a piece of garbage.

As Jungkook was scraping again, he took something from his pocket.

It was the half heart Lisa had gave to him when they were kids.

He held it and stared on it.

Wherever you are right now...Just know that I'll look for you and be there to help you just like how you helped me....He thought.

He then kept it inside his pocket again.

[THAT NIGHT]

Jungkook was awakened by sounds of police siren outside the gate, since he was sleeping on the couch he had the easiest route to open it.

When he opened it, a group of police entered.

"Is this Jeon's residence?" The police asked as he showed his identification card and warrant of arrest.

"Yes." Jungkook asked feeling confused.

His father together with his stepmother peeped through the window.

They are the ones sleeping upstairs, with the convenience of using the bed.

"What is it?" His father asked.

"Are you Mr. and Mrs.Jeon? We are here to arrest you for illegal gambling last night. Our CCTVs prove it." The police said.

"What?! What are you talking about?" His father stated.

The police had no choice but to barge inside.

They started climbing upstairs and Jungkook's mother was yelling.

"YAH KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME." She said in her high pitch voice.

The two of them were handcuffed and Jungkook's father looked back at him.

"Jeon Jungkook! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO REPORTED US! I KNOW IT. YOU BASTARD SON..I WISH YOU HAD NEVER BEEN BORN." His father whined as he and his new wife are being dragged inside the car.

Jungkook looked at him in his poker face and he sat on the door step again....

Scraping the soil using the twig...his usual habit.

One of the police officers looked at him and he walked towards him.

"Hey kid...how have you been? Where are you going now that your father is arrested?" The police officer asked him.

Then he scanned his features, his pale face and then the scars that were evident on his legs.

"I..have nowhere else to go."

"Chief! Are we going now? Or what?" One of the policemen asked.

"Wait, I'm talking to this poor kid over here." The police officer in front of Jungkook replied to them.

"My dad used to beat me up, and right now...even if he is gone. I don't know where else to go."

The police officer held out his hand.

"From now on...call me your dad." The police officer looked at him with an empathetic look.

Jungkook slowly reached out to his hand and from then on...

He officially became adopted by a police officer.

[8 years later]

"Bro, I certainly envy you. Imagine? Being hired by a prestigious family to become a bodyguard." Taehyung, Jungkook's friend told him.

"I know." Jungkook replied briefly while the store lady was measuring his attire for being a body guard.

"Wah jinja..how fortunate."

As soon as they both stepped out.

Jungkook was ever ready to face the journey in his life of being the best bodyguard.

"Are you ready bro?" Taehyung asked him.

He nodded and smiled.

He then fixed on the attire he is now wearing and walked with confidence with Taehyung on his side praising him.

Meanwhile at the airport....

A girl with short hair and bangs arrived, she dragging her luggage with her and removed her shades when she saw her mom bringing a placard.

Welcome home, Lisa..

Lisa smiled.

|End of Chapter |