𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"Nope

"Nope. Believe me you do not want to hear me sing, I sound like a dying cat."

___________________________________________

AFTER SCHOOL Alaska was skating to the Moon's Bookstore with Melanie riding on the back, her arms tightly wrapped around Alaska's waist.

"We're gonna die!" Melanie shouted directly into Alaska's ears as they rode down a slope. Alaska rolled her eyes at her little sister's dramatics.

"Oh my god, for the last time we're not gonna die!" Alaska replied as she put her foot down and pushed off a little harder this time, just for the sake of scaring Melanie a little.

"This is why we should have gone in Nini's car!" Melanie yelled as she tightened her grip on Alaska.

"Yeah, but this is so much more fun!" Alaska screamed loudly as the wind blew in her face, skating was one of her many escapes from reality.

"Would you shut up!" Melanie said as Alaska's hair that was blowing in the wind was now getting in her mouth.

A few minutes later of Melanie screaming in Alaska's ears and the two arguing, they finally made it to the bookstore.

"Okay we're here." Alaska said as she got off of the skateboard, laughing a little when she turned around and saw Melanie still on the skateboard waving her arms around wildly with her eyes tightly closed shut, as if she was scared that Alaska was lying to her.

"Open your eyes, you idiot." Alaska said making Melanie finally open her eyes and let out a sigh of relief that they were finally on solid ground.

"I'm never doing that again." Melanie said as she took off her helmet and shoved it into Alaska's arms.

"That's what you say every time." Alaska said knowingly, Alaska rode her skateboard to school every morning because their Mom would leave early for work leaving Melanie no other choice but to go with her sister.

She could always ride the bus but she woke up far too late for that and Melanie absolutely despised the bus, claiming that the teens on there scared her.

"Yeah, whatever." Melanie rolled her eyes before the two sisters entered their family bookstore, which was run by their Mother, Lara.

Once they opened the doors, the bell lightly chimed and Alaska couldn't help but smile brightly at her mom who was a few feet away from them helping one of the customers find a book in the fiction section.

The Moon's Book Store may have been small but it was also extremely cozy. In the corners of the store were black hanging swings in the shape of a teardrop, they had white cushions and blankets for people who wanted to stay inside a little longer and read.