Chapter Thirty-Three: Last Statement

"Last day!" George sang, practically prancing around the set as I stood still, waiting for the woman who was bent down, fixing the hem of the skirt I was wearing.

We had to finish the last few scenes before the director calls a wrap, and it looks like our producer couldn't wait any longer. When Adam was passing through him, carrying two cups of coffee, George swung his arm around his shoulder, forcing him to dance around with him.

I couldn't help but feel amused at the scene unfolding in front of me. My best friends looked extremely troubled as he tried to break free as well as concentrating on keeping his hands still so the coffee wouldn't spill.

"You're good," the woman stood up, giving me a smile before moving on to fix another cast's costume.

Adam finally evaded George's happy dance and he quickly ran to my spot. He handed me my coffee, letting out a sigh of relief, "Never let me do that again."

"I thought it was quite a funny show," I giggled, sipping the caffeine filled beverage, "He's just excited. I admit that I am too."

"Because you two are back to normal again?" he teased, poking my side. Just the simple reference to Axel made a noticeable grin come to my face. He playfully rolled his eyes as he muttered something near the word 'whipped'.

Shifting from one foot to another, I scanned the whole set, finding this place somehow precious. The way they somehow managed to create different looking rooms into one small space and how the crew never fails to make everything picture perfect when the camera starts rolling.

Show business is a complex yet beautiful thing.

I just feel like I'm going to miss this place a lot more than the other movies I've done.

"We still up for lunch later?" I questioned. We still had to plan what we will do with Kate, as well as calling all the people involved. Tomorrow is the big day and I don't want a single hair out of place so nothing should be overlooked.

Adam hummed in confirmation beside me, "We have a lot to do."

The director called us to go to out places. I handed my empty cup back to Adam who gave me a smile of good luck before sending me off.

Axel met me halfway there, grinning towards my direction. There was a mutual understanding between us, and honestly, this is the best thing we could have right now.

It's more of a beta period than anything.

"Alright, we just have a few more scenes to go," the director said, looking at his copy of the script, "Actually this is your second to the last scene."

We nodded our heads as we listened to his instructions on how act, "Axel will be at the other side of the door, you just have to act like you don't want to let him in, but in fact, you want."

"So in other words, she's denying everything inside her brain because she's too stubborn to admit it?" my co-star smirked, giving me a side glance.

I scrunched up my face and shot him a light glare, biting my lip to prevent myself into saying something.

"Precisely," the director clapped, "Get this right and I'll let you two off until the last scene which is filming later this afternoon."

He started to yell directions at the crew, calling out the people who were managing the microphones and the telling the cameramen to take their places.

"Block head," I muttered to Axel, pouting at his side comment earlier.

He wasn't the least affected by at as he chuckled and placed a hand on my head, "You know it's true."