lotus tea

"Lotus tea, my favorite!"

"We're at war, and you're drinking tea?"

Ren Beifong always seemed such a nice girl

Ren Beifong always seemed such a nice girl. She was a sweet child. Her name, Ren, announced her love for flowers, especially the lotus one. She was a tea lover, hence the odor that always seemed to follow her around just like a perfume, jasmine. Her dresses were always ironed, the soft beige, white and pale green her signature colors. Her manners were to be praised, she always knew which fork to use, how to flutter her fan.

But beyond the sweet girl, was a strong and fierce woman. She was soft and sweet near her parents but mean and hostile to anyone that looked at her wrong. She was a warrior, hence her love of weapons. Her parents weren't one to approve, but they just couldn't deny their little Ren and her puppy eyes. And so, Ren found herself with so many blades that she could bath in them.

She was a warrior. An admirer of Kyoshi. Since she was very young, even before her sister was born, her dream was to travel the world and help people alongside the Kyoshi warriors. But her parents wouldn't approve, and Ren would never leave her little sister. So she satisfied her dream with fans, metal and sharp, just like Kyoshi.

Because, as much as her manners were to be praised when she was with her parents, her manners were completely forgotten when she was in the stands of the fighting rings, shouting and yelling, encouraging her little sister with everything she had. Because Ren knew how strong and powerful her blind sister was. Much more confident in her bending than Ren, Toph was. Ren could barely make a boulder move, yet, she possessed a very rare ability.

Ren Beifong loved Toph to death. She was her beloved sister, that Ren first held at the age of four, and that would always follow her around. Ren, along with the badgermoles, were Toph's guidance. While Ren was reluctant in the usage of her bending, especially since she was horrible at earthbending, Toph thrived with it, using it as a way to see everything. Ren only found solace in the art of lavabending, but her abilities were hidden from the world. Only Toph knew, and only Toph encouraged her, but Ren loved it to be that way.