don't touch that dial p.1

Hello readerrrr! Here's the start of the second episode, hope you all enjoy!

~~~

Wanda wakes up to thudding on hers and Vision's bedroom window, so she sits up, turning on the light using her powers.

She gasps. "What was that?" The light flickers back off.

The thudding continues, making Vision wake up. "Wanda?" The light flickers back on again.

"Yes, dear?" Wanda asks.

Vision sits up in bed. "Are you using your powers to turn on the light?"

"Yes, dear." Wanda replies, after the light turns off once again.

"Allow me, sweetheart." Vision reaches over and clicks on the bedside light, as the thudding on the window continues, making the couple jump.

Vision gets out of bed and walks tentatively over to the window to see what was going on.

"What do you see?" Wanda whispers, urgently.

"Only your lovely rose bushes." Vision looks around the street, searching for the source of the thudding.

"That's all? Are you using your night vision, Vision?" Wanda eyes the window sceptically.

"I assure you, my love, I see nothing amiss. You have absolutely no reason to be frightened of..." Vision says calmly, until another thud makes him yelp and scramble back into bed.

Wanda raises an eyebrow. "You were saying?"

Vision thinks for a moment. "Actually, I did overhear a couple of lads at work remarking on a few unsavory characters settling in the neighborhood." He looks at Wanda's face, which was narrowing her eyes at him.

"Now, who knows what those ne'er-do-wells might be up to? Robbing houses, vandalizing property..." Vision lists.

"Walking through walls, moving objects without touching them!" Wanda jokes, making Vision sit up more.

"Wanda, darling, you can't be suggesting my colleagues were referring to us?" He questions, before another thud makes the couple jump, and Wanda uses her powers to make the two separate beds slide next to one another

"One of us should really determine the source of that sound..." Vision suggests, making Wanda turn to glare at him.

"Yes." She nods in agreement. "ONE of us should!"

There's another thud, making the couple jump again.

"Oh, this is getting ridiculous!" Wanda sits up straighter. "I'm going to take a look!"

"Oh, God! Darling!" Vision bites the comforter in fear.

Wanda uses her powers to swing open the curtains, revealing a tree branch banging against the window.

"Well I think we handled that well." Wanda goes to lie back down, before sitting up.

"You don't think all the banging woke Emma up do you?" She asks her husband, eyeing the door to the corridor.

"I can hear her moving about a bit." Vision tells her, using his enhanced hearing.

Another particularly loud thud from the tree branch, makes the parents hear whimpers from down the hall.

"Oh, great..." Wanda sighs, getting out of bed, pulling on her dressing gown, and walking to Emma's room.

Emma was sitting up in her bed, clearly upset about being woken up at this time of night.

"Hey, sweetheart. You can go back to sleep." Wanda soothes, bending down to try and lay her daughter back on the bed, feeling bad that the tree had woken her up.