4

Jenna

I sit at the counter waiting for the clock to hit nine. Time seems to take forever but I wait all the same. The door opens and in walks Jonathan.
No I don't remember his name cause I was paying attention, it's just catchy.

"Hello and welcome to Fresh Brews, what can I get for you." He smiles leaning on the cabinet.

"Well hello coffee cup... can I just get a large smokey Carmel." I roll my eyes.
*That* was the best he could do.

"Coffee cup? Really That's the best you have?" He puts a hand to his heart feigning hurt.

"You have wounded me madam! First you don't give me your name and now you don't accept my nickname!" I roll my eyes and walk away before smiling to myself.

"Not getting my name!" I call even though we're the only ones in the store.

He continues to sit at the table like he didn't hear me.

"Not getting my name!" He looks up from his phone.

"I know you're not talking to me coffee cup, cause one day I'm gonna get your name." He walks up to me and takes the cup heading to the door he stops just before he gets to it.

"And coffee cup-" he turns to look at me before he finishes. "I'll see you soon."

I roll my eyes. he walks out of the door without another word. I smile to myself once he's gone.

He wasn't going to give up anytime soon. And part of me didn't want him to.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

I lock the door and turn to walk away.
I walk down the cold streets quickly.
I walk by an alley and see two guys jumping someone. I reach for the gun I keep in my purse. pulling it out and aiming, I make my presence known.

"Hey lowlifes!" I shout. Both of them turn to look at me.

"Move on or I'll pull the trigger." They both turn, one deciding to speak up as well.

"what are you gonna do little girl?" He asks stepping closer. I smile.

"this." I pull the trigger hitting his foot. He cusses jumping in pain.
The other dude helps him lean in his shoulder and they both leave.

I walk up to the figure huddled on the ground. I reach for his shoulder and flip him to face me. And of course it's Jonathan.

"hey." he grin's revealing his bloodied teeth.

"Yep let's just get you to my house."
I help him up and prop him on my shoulder. Slowly but surely we head to my house.