6

Jenna

I wake up at the same time I do every morning. My parents would've left for work by now so I knew the house was empty.

Walking by a still sleeping Jonathan I walk down stairs to start breakfast.
I hum as I cook. After I start cooking it doesn't take Jonathan, long to find his way downstairs.

"Good morning" I say cheerfully flipping the pancake in the pan. His hair is still all over the place form sleeping, and I wasn't gonna lie it was cute. His face was still bruised.

"Does it hurt still?" I ask touching one on his cheek. He flinches.

"Not much." He touches his hand to mine and I realize what I did. I quickly pull my hand back.

"Uh breakfast is ready!" I quickly pick up the plate of pancakes and move it to the kitchen table.

------------------------------------

I had been trying to work at the skating rink all day but keep getting distracted, by who you ask? Well it was none other than Jonathan. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I shook my head and went back to stocking the claw machines. After I finish the I clean the bathrooms then I lock up and walk out the front door.

I jump when there's a tall black figure leaning right against the door.

"I'm sorry but we're closed now, but if you come back tomorrow we open at three." The figure stands up from the wall and takes two steps towards me.

"I wasn't here for skating. I'm here to pick up my friend for a very late dinner." I doesn't take me long to figure out it's Jonathan.

"Well I'm the last one here so they probably left." I turn and walk back towards the bus stop.

"Jenna, I'm here to pick you up." I blush understanding what he meant.

"oh uh okay." I know my voice sounds nervous but there was nothing I could do about it.

"well come on." He takes my hand and pulls me in the direction of a old beat up Toyota. It was a faded gold and instead of door handles it had strings attached for handles.

"Yeah I know, she's a bit beat up, but she's got me through the worst of times." He opens the passenger door for me and walks around. Sitting in the driver seat he starts the car.

"You call this a bit beat up? She is really beat up." I laugh and he smiles.
His smile is sweet and kind unlike the one I saw when he was flirting with me at the coffee shop. I can't help but smile a real genuine smile back.

"Tomato, Tamato." He says while pulling out of the parking lot. He reaches forward and turns on the radio, rap starts playing and I turn it of.

"Really? You had it going okay and you just ruined everything!" He laughs. A deep chuckle that is way more musical than what just came out of the radio.

"How?" He asks. I point to the radio.

"Rap! You had to play rap!" He laughs again and I cross my arms over my chest. "I don't see what's so funny you ruined it all!"

"That's not what I listen to, that would be my best friend Mike. Let em change it." He turns the dial and I'm surprised to hear country music start to play.

"Country is your style?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I know, I know I don't look like a country person." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm pretty sure that is the last thing I expected you to play." I say as I laugh.
He reaches forward and turns up the radio.

"sorry can't hear you over this amazing music!" I smile and shake my head.