5🔸The golden eyes

Draupadi

Draupadi

"Forgive me father" I apologized again, peering up at my father through my lashes who was sitting on his spacious couch with his lips pursed in a thin line while his his narrowed in dismay.

Right after we arrived the royal palace I was asked to be present at my father's personal chamber along with my brother.

"Dearest, the invitations of your Swayamvar have been sent to every Kingdom of Aryavart. The guests will start arriving in a few days, I expected the princess of Panchal to be more responsible than this" He exhaled before slowly rising on his feet.

"I promise you'll not see me acting this way ever again Pitashri" I promised looking up at my father "I'm still trying to cope up with my life's pace, it's moving a bit too fast for me to act according but I promise I'll try harder"

He nodded and came closer before placing a hand on my forehead "I know putri, but you're no ordinary woman, you're Krishnaa Yajnaseni born to cause destruction to those wretched Ku-"

"I don't want to cause any destruction to anyone Pitashri" My firm voice cut him short. My jaw clenched as I fought the tears back. Dhrishtadyumna went stiff beside me.

How easy it was for my father to remind me every now and then that the reason of my birth was to cause annihilate a whole clan. Women were supposed to create and not destruct.

I wish I were born out of love like my brother Shikhandi and not out of mere revenge.

"My mistake dear, God himself will cause destruction to them through you" He smiled.

"If I can cause destruction to Kurus why do you want a Kuru Prince to be my husband? Is my marriage a part of your revenge game too?"

"Draupadi!" My mother gasped "Don't raise your voice at your father"

"I didn't raise my voice mother, I just questioned" . I would never know why some people were so afraid of questions
Either they were too embarrassed to divulged the answer or had no answer at all.

"Let her say Prishati" My father raised a hand "A child has every right to question its parents about everything and anything" He then looked down at me "never stop questioning Krishnaa"

I nodded and he sat down on the couch and made me sit beside him before starting in his composed tone "When Drona send his teenage students to defeat me I actually affronted" He had a dry smile playing across his lips as he recalled

"I defeated the princes and their friend Karna in no time, then Drona had sent two more of his students. I remember being irked, when hundred of his students together couldn't defeat me how he expect those two teenagers to do the job... " He stopped

"Who were they?" I urged him to continue.

"Bheem and Arjun. Bheem tackled the soldiers and his younger brother fought with me and Satyajit. That young man didn't give any chance to counter him at all. We didn't even see when he released his arrows, such was his lightness of movement"