03

Chapter Three,

Jessica wore her princess Leia costume which she has worn every Halloween for the past 5 years, she can never think of anything else to wear and it's easy. White dress and space buns. 

"If I get another three musketeers, I'm going to kill myself".

"What's wrong with three musketeers?" Dustin asks.  "No one likes three musketeers" Mike mumbled. "I like them" Jess mumbled as she unwrapped the chocolate bar and Dustin flashed a smile. 

"They are just nougat".

"Just nougat? It is top three for me". 

"Top three?".

"Top three. Seriously I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat, straight up" Dustin replies. Just as he finishes Max jumps in front of everyone with a fake knife and a Micheal Myers mask which makes everyone jump.

Lucas and Dustin both grab onto Jessica. "Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your face" Max says as she takes off her mask.

"And you? Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl" she turns around and starts walking. "Hey, you guys coming or not? I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?" Max asks. 

Jess, Dustin and Lucas are quick to join her as Will and Mike stay far behind. 

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Another full-size. Like, seriously, rich people are such suckers" Dustin says and the three turn to Jess. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like-". 

"It's fine, you're not wrong" Jessica mumbled. 

"You're not rich right?" Dustin asks Max. "No, I live up Old Cherry Road".

"Oh".

"No, it's fine. I mean, the street's good for skating". 

Without even realizing Dustin cut Jessica off and she started walking behind the three, listening to their dumb conversations about California, Lucas and Dustin showing off their dumb accents and- 

"Someone's Jealous" Mike mumbles. 

"What?" 

"I didn't say anything" Mike replied and gave her a snarky look. 

"Yeah, you just did".

"I don't think he did" Will replied.

"I swear I heard you say something".

Mike decided to ignore the conversation. "Did you agree to this?" he asked Will. "What?".

"To her joining our party".

"It's just for Halloween".

"You should have checked with me,".

"Well, they were excited I guess they thought you'd be okay with it". 

"She's ruining the best night of the year," Mike said rudely and walked off. Will and Jess exchanged looks and she ran to catch up with him. "Why are you so angry? You've been like this all week". 

"I don't remember ever inviting you into his party either". 

 Jessica rolled her eyes and then went back to Will. However, he wasn't there. "Will?". 

"Mike!".

"What?".

"Will's gone".

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Will! Will, what's wrong?" Mike asked as he grabbed his shoulder. "I couldn't find you, are you hurt?". 

"Holy shit!" Dustin yells as everyone else checks on Will. "Is he okay?" Lucas asks. "I don't know. I'm gonna get you home okay?" Mike asks. Jess comes over to help him up but Mike pushes her out of the way.

"I got him! I got him!" he yelled and the two boys walked away. "Mike?" Dustin asked.

"Keep trick or treating, I'm bored anyway" he snapped back before leaving. Max turned at the three with genuine concern "what's wrong with him?" she asked. 

 No one answered.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

Lucas and Dustin decided to go home early but Max didn't want to go home yet. It was getting cold and since they were around the rich part of the neighbourhood they were close to Jessica's house.

"We can go to my house" she suggests. "I promised my sister I would watch a few movies with her but she won't mind if you watch them with us," she says.

They head over to her house, when they get there Max takes a few minutes to look at the house. "Holy shit! You live here?" she yelled. Jessica slowly nods. "Right I forgot you're the mayor's daughter" she muttered and they slowly walk to the door.

"I normally never bring anyone home, mostly because of my dad but he's working," Jessica says as she opens the door. 

"Kimmy! I'm home!". Max looks around the house, admiring almost everything. "It's like an art gallery" she mumbled.

"Here follow me" Jessica muttered as she ran upstairs to Kimberly's room. "Kim! I'm home!" she yelled again and opened the door. Kimberly wasn't there but there was a familiar orange flyer on the bed.

She went to the party.

"My sister isn't here so I guess it's just us".