SOLACE. 04

⋄

[ANOTHER HALF A YEAR LATER]

it had been a total of 1 year since Gojo found (Y/n) in her so called home.

regaining her ability to hear, talk, and see people, she no longer had to stay in that same medical room. the younger Gojo was now allowed to stay at the Gojo Clan's estate where her grandparents resided.

to Gojo's surprise, his parents adored their grandchild.

they spoiled her rotten with food and clothes, lavishing her with the best of the best. they dressed her up and fed her til her fill, as if she was a delicate porcelain doll that needed polishing and care.

(Y/n) in this matter didn't particularly care for all these fancy things. they were nice, but it was kind of extra.

if they got her an elegant kimono, she'd switch to a simple dress. if they tried spoon feeding her, she would try to feed herself.

they were too much for her.

it was nice having them around, but even the young girl still felt lonely. she had nothing to do most of the day aside from her studies, so people would often find her out on the engawa staring at the scenery of the great gardens of the estate.

she felt lonely.

________________

"Satoru, I think you should get (Y/n) a dog."

Yaga spoke out of no where as Gojo was spending afternoon detention with him.

"what for? she has me and everyone else. not only that, but picking up after a dog is a lot of work," Gojo whined.

"she may have you, your parents, Suguru, Shoko, and many other people, but doesn't mean she's still lonely. there's only so much you can do for her, you and other family isn't going to be enough. i also believe it would be good for her to grow up with a pet, it allows her to not only start building up responsibility, but a long lasting bond. a companion can be there for her when you cannot."

Gojo hummed at Yaga's explanation. maybe she was a bit lonely just by herself. parents do often have a 2nd child when they birth their 1st.

not to mention, he was no longer around her as much as he wanted to.

maybe a dog wouldn't be too bad, even if he had to clean up after it.

________________

"the puppies are right this way sir," an employee of the local pet clinic guided the Gojos to the back.

"we separate the older ones in a different room in case of unpredictable situations. do let me know if you have any questions."

in the room were a few people who were with some of the puppies.

there were a lot to choose from.

"ne ne, (Y/n) go play with the puppies, oji-san is going to talk to the nice employee," he ushered with a "shooing" gesture.

the tiny Gojo nodded and walked closer to the group of dogs.

her new appearance alerted some of the puppies, making them swarm all around her.

she sat down as the dogs sniffed her out, then played with the other dogs.

she watched as the 4-legged creatures played with one another, hopping and nipping one another.

it must be nice to have others to play with.

"yip!"

(Y/n) peered down to her side to see a white Samoyed puppy licking and pressing its nose against her arm.

she held her hand out as it continued to lick her arm then her hand before climbing into her lap.

________________

"-average 4-6 months to train huh?"

"yes sir, but they can take longer depending on your consistency on their training and the dog's personality."

"is that so? that should be no problem then, after all I-"

"oji-san."

the 2 adults looked towards the source of the voice to see the tiny white haired girl holding the white samoyed in her arms, wagging it's tail happily in her embrace.

"I want this one."

"my little (Y/n) found a puppy she likes? it has white hair just like us, seems like destiny!" he cheered.

"yes," the little girl replied as she nuzzle her face in the samoyed's head.

"where do I sign?" Gojo awed.

________________

instead of Gojo finding his neice sitting out on the engawa zoning out like she'd do most of the time, he'd now find her running about in the gardens with her new dog Mochi.

her little legs followed the tiny white dog that ran around in its new home.

her long white hair flowed in the wind, her eyes shined as she kept her eye on her companion, and her active body showed how joyous and lively she was.

she finally found solace in those who were called family.

__________________________________________

[SOLACE END]