Little Princess || 10

wherein aera just moved to seoul to live with her brothers after practically spending most of her life alone with her parents in the states.

___

moving to seoul and leaving the parents even if they weren't that great wasn't easy for aera. basic things like getting up in the morning, having her meals or even diverting her mind through some games was getting her now, and she realised it was probably a bad idea agreeing to leave her mom and dad.

tears welled her eyes as she stares out of the window, watching a little girl running in the street, laughing loudly while her father is chasing after in a slow pace, smiling at the girl. he scoops her up in his arms and showers her face with smooches, that has aera trying to recall if jaehyun ever played with her like that. sighing when she doesn't gather a single memory of him, other than a few when he would cook for her or drop her to school once or twice a month when he went to work a little late, she shakes her head averting her gaze from the window and looks down.

she rubs her eyes, sniffling softly and gets up, putting on a full sleeved t-shirt and looks at her hair, brushing them back roughly with her hand as they're short and this technique usually works unless she has to go to school or at a formal gathering.

her eyes lift up slowly, watching around the house past the thin layer of tears that still persists, feet taking hesitant short steps down the stairs towards the kitchen where she finds the brothers sitting. jimin is having his evening coffee, conversing with jungkook who is eating from a bag of chips and having a can of coke beside him.

aera enters the kitchen, rubbing her eyes again to get rid of the tears and smiles a little on earning glancs from them, "hey little one, how'd you sleep?" jimin smiles at her, opening his arms for a hug after keeping his cup on the counter.

"fine," aera says, going near him and for the hundredth time acknowledges the size difference between herself and her brother, and it's more than this if it were to be jungkook.

"are you hungry?" he asks, stroking her hair soft hair with his hand, smiling down at her fondly. aera nods slowly, staring at her feet as she pulls away eventually. "you look a little down, are you okay?"

"hm," she nods, trying her best not cry in front of them because of a silly reason of missing their parents and rubs her eyes.

"look at me, baby." jimin says in a tender voice, lifting her head up and makes her look at him. his gaze softens on seeing the tears in his sister's eyes and pulls her into a hug, "what's wrong?"

"i- i miss daddy and mamma..." aera mumbles slowly with a pout resting on her lips, and a hint of embarrassment coloring her cheeks as despite being ten, she can't seem to live without her parents.

"ah that's the problem, i see." jimin chuckles, patting her back and makes her sit on his lap while jungkook smiles at the girl. "don't worry, we can call mamma right now. do you wanna talk?"

she thinks for a bit then shakes her head as a no, "they won't talk to me,"

"why not?" jungkook frowns.

"they're busy." she shrugs, "daddy said not to disturb him without a solid reason, means an emergency. and this is not an emergency... so i don't think they will talk to me."

"forget about him," jungkook sighs deeply, getting up from his place and walks over to the fridge, taking a white box with a pink ribbon tied on it and places it on the counter in front of aera, "open this," he smiles.

"what is it?" she leans closer to the box, tugging on the free ends of the ribbon and opens the box, smiling at the sweet fragrance swarming up her nostrils, "pastry!"