Chapter 4 : A dark message

"You're done for , Eira".

The way he uttered my name made my hands tingle. Oh, he was fuming with anger.

He also knew my name which is something I hadn't disclosed to anyone. My name had been on my modelling portfolio and strangely enough it seemed that he remembered it.

"Vidarr get the hell out of my house". Erebus now yelled to his friend who seemed not to have a car in the world. I wasn't able to see him now as Erebus blocked me from his view but I did know he looked like he wanted to murder his friend.

"Now now, is that anyway to treat a long... lost friend?" I could hear the tone of the way his friend Vidarr teased him.

"And you didn't find a better time than right now to get into my house?"

"I did but I had a feeling you were having some fun and I wanted to join in".

Erebus gritted his teeth as he towered above me and he looked into my eyes while lifting my chin up.

"Go out through the back door,change your clothes and get out of here". I flinched at his voice when he yelled at me but he didn't seem in the mood to joke so I backed away from him as his friends eyes caught mine and he winked.

He looked... different then Erebus.He seemed to be lighthearted while Erebus seemed so cruel and harsh.

Erebus glared at me as I lingered on and so I turned around and made my exit through his back door. I went and retrieved my clothes and left the black dress behind the stage where I had changed.

I exited his lawn to find the driver once again waiting for me. I rolled my eyes to myself and began walking ,and just like earlier the driver kept following me right until I reached my apartment.

Once I stood outside my apartment I turned to the old man. " So is he making you follow me now?"

The old man had his hands on the steering wheel as he smiled to himself and replied ."No one would allow a young lady to walk home alone at this time,at least no good man would".

I scoffed to myself, Erebus was the devil himself. He was the definition of bad and I saw it today. I saw it in the way his eyes looked,the way he acted and the way he felt like he could order me around.

"Well he is no good man".

"Stay away from him child, He is good but we all have bad within us and sometimes we allow it to overpower us".

The night was dark and the wind whipped against my arms , and even more so as he told me to stay away from Erebus.

He worked for him and yet here he was warning me against him. Todays events had played with my mind in various ways causing me to not comprehend anything that was beginning to happen.

"Why would you say that?"

"I know him. I've known him for a very long time and if you heed my words you'll be saving yourself from a lot of trouble".

I didn't want to be near Erebus and nor did it cross my mind for a second. However the way he spoke caused me to feel a sense of danger and yet it made me want to taste the feel of it.

I knew I was crazy for feeling this way. No one tried to get near danger once they were told to stay away from it, but I was once again reminded of a time very long ago when I had ventured into the forest and the sound of danger had called me and I walked right into it.

I cut the conversation short with the driver , knowing I needed all the rest I could get. I had a day full of humiliation and I was jobless too which only furthered my problems even more and caused my head to ache.