Chapter 30 - Peanut Butter Cake

Zou Yue sat in a meditative positive and silently breathed in. His muscles slowly stretched and contracted to the rhythm.
It had been almost a month, and it was already the end of December. The zombie virus had affected his body, but somehow the ability he was supposed to awaken was nowhere to be seen.
Initially he got super speed, an ability which was super useless in the last days of the apocalypse where super mutated zombies existed.
Well, at least he had a power back then. Some civilians did not even posses a single ability and struggled to make ends meet. He did not want to be the same case as them.
He did every method he could to awaken his powers.
'At least speed ability is good. It can protect my parents that way...,'
He held his breath, waiting for the familiar rush of blood and the super speed to appear whilst cultivating but....
"Nothing... absolutely nothing. Oh, my god! Am I destined to be a powerless person in this life? Is it a price for travelling back in time," he grabbed his shoulder length hair and rolled around in bed.
Nothing could consol his wounded heart.
"I need to cake...." he sadly sat up and rolled out of the bed. His parents were away to resign from their job so no one was home. He locked the doors and took Trexa gran with him in his pocket.
The little rat enjoyed the small travels and lot and always clung to him whenever he left the door.
His feet expectedly led him towards the familiar desert shop but much to his dismay the shop was closed because it was festive season.
Everyone had gone home for Christmas and the new year right around the corner.
Sighing, he sat down the curb. "Only cake can sooth my acing heart. Chocolate cake~ where can I find you....." he mumbled, then he suddenly remembered social media.
He took out his phone and researched the famous bakers around the area.
The really popular one was at least an hour away into the city.
He hesitated a bit because the traffic would be horrendous around this time of the year but.....
"I want my cake!! I've decided, I'm gonna struggle through all that traffic and get myself a chocolate cake!!"
He ran to the corner and caught a taxi.
The way to the bakery was very crowded, and the traffic was hell, but he would much prefer this over the zombies which horded this city.
The cab soon reached the bakers.
Paying off, Zou Yue stood outside the famous cafe. The pink neon sign 'death by chocolate' blinked at him.
"My cake, here I come," he walked in and the door bell chimes softly.
"Welcome," a cute worker received him.
He nodded to her and browsed through the selection of cakes on display. Almost all of it was empty. Only a few fruit cakes remained.
"Do you have chocolate cakes?"
"Yes sir, it's in this corner," she gestured to him with a smile.
Zou Yue excitedly glanced at the single chocolate cake that was next to a small brown cake.
Before he could even order, someone beat him to it.
"I'll take this one, please," a melodious voice whispered above him.
Gasping, Zou Yue glanced up to meet his sharp eyes. "Ah, you... what are you doing here?" he stumbled around trying to find words. Because the person standing in front of him was the one and only Fan Xui himself.
Fan Xui stiffened up visibly. "I feel like I've heard your voice somewhere.... but I can't see," he gestured to his black specks in his hands.
"Oh, that's fine. We meet on the plane." Zou Yue said with a wide smirk. 'Oh my god, this is a double treat!! Never expected to meet the legendary Fan Xui like this again!!'
"Your order, sir," the girl whispered and handed a bag. She kept throwing confused looks towards Fan Xui and towards Zou Yue.
Looking at the bag, Zou Yue's expression fell.
'My chocolate cake.....'
As if sensing his mood, Fan Xui leaned close and whispered, "do you want to... ahem.... share?"
"Really?" Yue excitedly jumped high.
"Yeah.. I mean. I can't eat this all by myself."
"Sure!"
They both sat down and opened the cake box to find a brown cake inside.
Zou Yue glanced behind him to the display to see the chocolate cake still there. 'Oh.... he did not buy the chocolate one...'
"Is there a problem?" Fan Xui mumbled as he chewed into the soft cake.
"N—nothing, what flavour is this?" he took the spoon that was offered to him and dug into the creamy deliciousness.
"It's peanut butter flavoured," Fan Xui whispered softly.
Zou Yue chuckled. "Yeah, that sounds really good." he ate the new flavoured cake happily.
The cake was completely devoured before they both could even realise it.
Licking the frosting, Zou Yue glanced at him.
Fan Xui stumbled back and almost slipped off his chair.
"Oh my god, you okay?" he ran to him and held his hand.
"I—I think I am... oh look at the time. I shall be taking my leave. It was nice meting you," Fan Xui literally ran out the door.
"What happened to him? Is he perhaps sick?" he mumbled as he glanced at the small cake leftovers.
Trexa gran ran out the pocket and started eating away at the leftovers.
"Peanut butter, I knew it was his favourite... he-he," he giggled happily.