xx. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨

Wilhelm had made a video denying it being him in the video

Wilhelm had made a video denying it being him in the video. Vera wasn't happy he had to lie and pretend, but through it all, she'd side with him no matter what. She hadn't spoken to her mother once, but Wilhelm had asked her to steal one of the cars.

"How'd you get your hands on one?" he asked from the back, Vera driving the best she could. She'd learned before, but never had to put it to the test considering she'd always had others to drive her.

"You wanted to see Simon, I did what I had to do." Vera spoke, following the directions he called out to her. They had to hurry before anyone noticed the car had been gone, pulling up at the house as Willie jumped out. Vera stayed in the car, keeping it running, looking around anxiously, afraid someone would show up and the pair would be in deeper shit then they had been already.

She headed to twitter, finding people hadn't been too interested in her nudes anymore after Wilhelms denying video. But, what mattered was they got the conversation off him to avoid the pressure and panic of online. That had helped tremendously, and sooner or later, this would die down without the help of Vera.

Being back at school was oddly comforting for Vera. She liked being back in her dorm, liked Henry sneaking in to stay with her while they video called with Alexander since he hadn't been able to be here. Vera was still yet to speak to her mother, which she hadn't minded much of. She was awake late that night, not being able to sleep. Henry was out next to her, Alexander's heavy breathing over the phone indicating he'd been asleep as well.

It was strange, because knowing they were both near and safe was always a comfort to her. Yet, tonight, her mind was racing of different scenarios. She worried for Whilhem and Simon, worried for what her mother was thinking of her, what was to come on her behalf. It wasn't until Alexander was hung up on when a new call came through, that Vera realized there had been a reason she was awake.

"Wilhelm?" she answered the phone, sitting up straight. "Where are you? Are you all right?"

"She knew. Mom. She knew." his voice came through the other line, sad and scratchy. "She knew before I did."

"What did you know?" the blonde asked, looking back to make sure Henry stayed asleep.

"It was August, Vera." he cried slightly over the phone. "August leaked the video of Simon and I."

Vera's heart sunk, her eye twitched as she saw red. "Where are you? Let me come get you."

"I'm going back for my dorm." he sniffled, she could imagine he was pacing. "You'll meet me there?"

"Yes, give me twenty minutes." she spoke, hanging up the phone. Vera looked back, tucking Henry in better as she got out of bed, pulling on better clothes, and grabbing a pack of bandages from her bathroom.

August had been out late working out, sweating with his mind racing of his conversation with Whilhem. When he walked in, he'd expected to fall in bed and sleep it off. Tossing his shirt on the bed, August ran a hand through his curls.