Useless 3

"Very good."

Aliah looks at Pacita who is sitting straightback and elegantly while drinking tea.

Pacita didnt say a thing or look at her. Her domineering posture and attitude made Aliah step back a bit.

'What's wrong with her? Just a few days ago, she can't even hold a tea cup propey.'

"What's wrong? Is that all for today? Then should I go now? Unlike you, I have things to attend."

Pacita put the tea cup down and puts her two hand on her thigh.
Her chin is lift a bit showing her dominance.

Aliah bows her head.
"That's all for today."

Pacita stood up and walks out of the door. It wasnt fast nor slow. Pacita's eyes trace the still slightly bowing Aliah before she walks out of the door.

Aliah wipes her forehead.
She was intimidated?

"Hah..."

Pacita gasps and holds the door knob tight as she hurriedly breath.

"My back hurts! My shoulder hurts. Urghhh. My legs are numb from sitting so long."

Mito is laughing at the top of the staircase seeing Pacita unclassy posture as she glares at the door.

Pacita didnt see him. Slowly he walks to her and cough.

"King's fortune! Ah! Duke."

Mito raised a brow.
"King's fortune?"

Pacita sighs.
"I read a book about the King's fortune last night and now when Im getting startled I just shouted that."

Mito grins.
"Read Our Irevelis fortune next. Maybe you'll shout it too."

Pacita snorts.
Then she smiles and hugs his neck.

"Duke, Duke, I was praised today. My manner is impeccable!"

Mito smiles.
"Wow. My Duchess is amazing."

Pacita blushes hearing a sincere appreciation.
She removes her arms around his neck and smiles.
"Are you going somewhere? Can I come?"

"Im going to a vassal's party."

"Oh. I cant come?"

"You can if you want."

Pacita thinks for a while and smiles.
"I'll go! I'll practice what I learned from the butler last nig--I mean from Ms. Grestleber."
Pacita eyes widen and walks to her room.

Mito thinks if he will bring Pacita or not but then he sat on the living room and waited for Pacita.

Aliah walks out of the room and see the well dressed Duke. She lower her head and bow. The Duke barely acknowledge her presence.
Aliah dont take offense since the Duke is the highest authority in the mansion and she is nothing but an employee. She wanted to tell the Duke Pacita's etiquette lesson but Pacita already running in the staircase.

"Oh! Im scared that you left already. Am I that long?"

Mito's lips twitch seeing such a beautiful white dress perfectly curve to such beautiful woman. He feels his throat drying up. Suddenly, he doesnt want to go but to rip the dress out of her body.

Mito wants to chuckle to his own desires.

Aliah's eyes sharpen.
Just a few moments ago. She was a sophisticated woman and she even feel intimidated. Now, she is once again a mannerless woman.

"Duchess, look at your dress. It's too revealing. And why are you running on the staircase? Didnt I told you to walk slowly and to make sure your body is straight?"
Aliah just wanted to praise Pacita in front of the Duke. What would Aliah do if the Duke thinks she is not teaching anything to the Duchess?

Pacita glares at her.
"Our lesson is over. Who gives you the right to raise your voice against me in my own home!" Pacita growls and stares angrily at Aliah.

Aliah sighs.
'She doesnt even know that she is in the wrong! Unbelievable!'

Aliah wants to apologize to the Duke.
"Your Excellen...."

"I brought you here to teach my wife some etiquette, Ms.Grestleber."
Mito's voice is low and cold.

Aliah trembles. She cant look him at the eye
"I know your excellency! I am trying my best but the duchess...."

'She is too useless.'
She didnt say it. But it was all over her mind.

"I didnt give you the right to think you are above my wife." Mito said and holds Pacita's hand when she reaches the bottom of the stairs. " I wont leave you so you dont have to hurry." Mito's boice soften incredibly fast

"I know. I know. But I got so distracted what color I should wear. Is white okay?"

"Ofcourse. Its beautiful but not as beautiful as you."

Pacita gapes at Mito's smooth talking and all her displeasure in Aliah was forgotten.
Pacita blushes.
"Well...I know." Pacita smiles.

Mito gave Aliah one last look before he pulls Pacita in his warm embrace and lead her out of the house.

Aliah falls down knee first. Her face is covered with chilly beads of sweat.

A/N:

Thanks for reading