Chapter 37: Daylight Passion

Duke Calex's eyes narrowed dangerously.

The ordinary yet pleasant-looking man who was currently at odds with the duke was none other than Del.

The very sight of Del could easily aggravate the already irritated temper of Duke Calex. But this time, Del seemed to be getting more and more aggravating than before, at least in the duke's eyes.

"Say that again? You're not my subordinate?" Duke Calex asked dangerously. His aura around was getting denser and darker.

"That's right. I am not your subordinate. I am only here for Tallie," answered Del. His manly yet gentle voice seemed so innocent and nonchalant both at the same time. But they sure were dangerous that they might even cost him his life.

"Tallie?" Duke Calex's ears seemed to itch when he heard the name of someone from Del's mouth. And the duke already had an inkling of whom Del was referring to with that name.

"Are you referring to the Duchess as Tallie?" Duke Calex asked. A lopsided foxy smile appeared on his face. His unscrupulous and wild aura emerged, masking his stern and a cold one. Yet, this side of him was even more dangerous in this particular situation.

"Dare you to say the name of the Duchess of Kargaz, this duke's wife, in that lowly and inappropriate manner?" Duke Calex moved.

Del remained still as he said, "For me, no title matters. As long as Tallie never changes, she will always be the Tallie I've always known."

"Ha!" Such words...

This damn bastard dare to speak like this in front of me? He dares to call my wife so intimately?

Duke Calex sneered.

You have guts, huh?

Moving over, Duke Calex sat down at the bedside. His hand moved towards the sleeping Atallie.

Of course, such action was not hidden from Del. Instead, the duke's intention was to blatantly display such actions in front of Del.

Putting his hand on Atallie's hair, Duke Calex caressed it softly, until his hand reached one side of Atallie's face.

Under Duke Calex's touch, the soft and velvety cheek of Atallie was in contrast to his calloused and thick palms. Yet, the contrast between the two textures seemed to kindle a different sensation, which in this scenario, Duke Calex could mainly feel.

As the duke's gaze linger on Atallie, he wasn't able to notice the indescribable glint on Del's usually calm and ordinary brown eyes that seemed to flicker in different hues on that split second.

"Title might not really matter for you. However, it doesn't change the fact and reality that this woman is now the Duchess of Kargaz of the North and my wife, my woman. Who are you to be so preposterous and impudent to disregard that fact and act so brazenly in front of me, the Duke of Kargaz, and the owner of this estate where you are currently standing at?" Duke Calex expressed. His foxy smiling face was still in place, yet his aura around was not something one could disregard. It was oozing with rage and danger.

If only the duke was not in close proximity with the duchess, he would have been long exploded. After all, his temper in handling such matters was not something considered as good or manageable. Thus, Duke Calex could not directly attack Del as well because of this.

Del was just about to retort when he suddenly stopped.

Although the raging aura of Duke Calex was not directly being let out, it was not something that could be easily controlled when the enemy in front of him was standing nonchalantly. Thus, this had also affected Atallie who was currently in close proximity and in direct contact with him.