Beast Glades

Jude POV:

My heart did soften when I saw Kathy cry at our farewell, however, I knew that I could not stay with her. 

I was not strong enough to protect my loved ones against the enemies yet, I needed more training. 

I flew all the way to Beast Glades from the royal palace. I skipped over the outer regions of Beast Glades and went deep inside to search for the answer to my question. 

I saw S-rank and AA-rank monsters roaming around near the innermost region of the area. I decided that this would be a good time to test out and train my sound and gravity magic.

I concentrated the mana to produce an ultrasonic vibration to burst and kill the AA-rank monsters. After I launched the attack, I was surprised to see that it did not work. Only the small A-rank monsters under the control of the AA-rank monster died. 

Hmmm... It seemed that the sound mana dispersed way too much from my attack. I sighed as I tried the spell again.

It took me three days to finally be able to master the use of sound magic. The first issue I had was that the vibrations would disperse way too fast, requiring me to use mana to help contain them. I also had to be as efficient as possible while doing so. 

I decided to train gravity magic later as I was satisfied with what I was capable of. I travelled deeper into Beast Glades. 

I kept on travelling until I was reaching close to the edge of the continent. I sighed while lamenting the sad fact that I found nothing when suddenly my skin slightly prickled. 

Curious, I concentrated my mana to my eyes and scanned my surroundings. I could barely make out the purple particles coming out from deep underground. 

I slightly frowned. The purple particles were weird. I tried to experiment with them but could only barely control... no influence them. I wasn't able to do anything interesting with them and was dying of curiosity about those particles, and now it seemed I found a huge sort of reservoir of them.

I controlled the earth covering the area as I pulled it out. I then used Wind mana to fly down. After flying down what felt like an eternity, I reached what seemed like a large circular room. Smooth white pillars without a trace of decay held the ceiling up. A warm ethereal light glowed brightly from the sconces that lined up along the walls, spaced out evenly every few feet while familiar but indecipherable runes were etched in between them.

This was interesting. I had read about the powerful ancient mages of Dicathen who could do seemingly impossible feats but somehow still went extinct. Looking around, this seemed to be one of the hidden ruins of the ancient mages.

This was likely some sort of waiting ground for some challenges that the ancient mages built to keep outsiders from whatever knowledge is stored at the bottom.

Well, this was all just speculation I had got from my past life memories. I walked up to the large metal door and pushed it open with ease and what appeared on the other side looked to be an extension of the room I was in now. 

I could somewhat feel the purple particle swirling around me. I used my all-seeing eye to see that the purple particles seemed to be forming a portal. Unafraid, I took a step forward and entered another room.

The marble floor underneath my feet was flawlessly smooth but unlike the circular room we were in before, this one was a long straight hallway with a ceiling that arched high above our heads with another metal door etched with runes on the other side. Two rows of sconces were lined across the patterned wall, illuminating the hallway in a warm natural light. On either side of us were giant marble statues depicting men and women armed with not just the familiar swords, spears, wands and bows, but also... guns.