Nightmare

Sal woke up completely shaking, he was sweating and there were tears gathered in the corners of his eyes.

He breathed heavily as he put his hand on his chest in order to try to calm himself down. He wiped his tears as he watched his chest rise everytime he breathed in. "Great another nightmare" he deeply sighed.

He got up on his wobbly legs and walked towards the bathroom to search for his medication. He switched the lights on and looked at himself in the mirror. "Fuck... I look horrible as always."

His blue hair was all messy and huge scars were all over his face.

He ran his hand through his hair and then traced each scar with his fingertips. A tear slowly rolled down his cheek. He wiped it with his thumb while looking at himself.

He didn't even know why he started crying. He got used to worse at school like getting bullied for his looks and being called fag yet he never cried. Why now? Is it because of the nightmare?

He quickly wiped his tears and looked around for his meds, but they weren't anywhere.

"Shit, I think I forgot them at Larry's"
He grabbed his phone and looked at the hour. "2am... great, Maybe I should just try to sleep without them"

He went back to bed and flopped himself under the blankets completely burying his face in his pillow.

***

M- mom?

Mom where are you?

I- I'm scared please!

I can't see anything... everything's red!

Mom?

MOM!

***

"UGH!"

He woke up gasping for air. He held his chest with his hands as he started coughing intensely. He was suffocating and it was getting really hard for him to breathe.

He rolled around himself like a ball, bringing up his knees to his chest as he cried. "It wasn't an accident I swear! Someone killed her! Dad please..." Tears kept streaming down his face. His breaths were shaky, he tried to calm himself down.

He couldn't figure out the difference between what's real and what's not.
He reached the walkie talkie Larry gave him with his hand. "L- Larry?" He tried to sound calm but he obviously failed. "A-are you aw-ake?"
"..." Like he thought, Larry was probably sleeping.

He sat up and hugged his knees as he calmed down a little bit. "It's just a nightmare Sal... No big deal just... breathe" he tried to reassure himself as his chapped lips left a deep sigh.

"Sal? Are you okay" he heard from the walkie talkie.

"L-larry? Why are you awake it's 3am!" Sally whisper yelled at him as if he was scolding him for being up this late, but in reality, he was relieved that Larry was awake and that he was talking to him right now.

"You're the one who called me though... Was it another nightmare? Wanna talk about it?"

Larry always knew everything about Sal didn't he? Sal hummed in response. "Have you tried taking your medication?" Larry asked
"No... I think I forgot them in your room" he replied.

"Ah shoot, then come over what are you waiting for? I'll leave the door open for you from now on, so never hesitate coming down here for emergencies." 

"Okay but are you sure?"
"Of course I am! Everything for you my best bro" he giggled. "Alright" he responded as he softly smiled.

Sal got up from bed, wore his prosthetic and silently walked out of his room to go to Larry's in the basement.