~33~

"What happened?" Charlie quickly questioned the second he felt a body slam into his while he was working, "I thought you were at the beach with Leah and Angela?" He rubbed her back, but he looked around staring at a guilty looking Jacob.

"She was." He rubbed his arm, he felt uncomfortable with the harsh stares of all the other officers in the room, "though an incident happened." He looked away, he hated himself for agreeing so quickly, but at the moment it was funny to watch Leah's face turnup in anger.

"Papa, some woman touched me!" Aurora cried, lifting her face from his shirt, to show the leftover blood that Jacob couldn't wipe away in time, because she was hiding away in the truck the second she got in.

"Touched you?" He looked her over, a few other officers getting up to check what exactly she was talking about.

"Some injured, drugged up woman in the woods came out, and started touching all over her face, and head. She looked sick, but before we could get to her she ran back into the woods." He signed, a groaned wanting to leave his lips, but he thought against it, now wasn't the time to act all stuffy about something they couldn't control/

"Has anyone found her?" Charlie frowned, already looking to put his jacket on, "I'm sure someone went to go find her." He was packing away things, to probably take Aurora home, but he was sure it was to find that woman also.

"Yeah, Sam and the other's went into the woods to see if they could find her, I'll have to give them a call." He rubbed his neck, though he watched as Charlie gathered up Aurora in his arms and headed his way out the door.

"You do that, I'll take Aurora to a friend's house, why don't you head home also." He didn't say if he was going to look for the woman, but common sense would tell him that he would look.

"Yeah I should." Jacob nodded, backing out the door, he was positive he was going to get yelled at, but he wasn't. It was scary to think about, but unsurprisingly not suspicious since the man was more focused on Aurora at the moment, but he was also confused that Charlie was going to take her to a friend's house instead of his house.

"We'll do a search through the wood's once I get back." Charlie spoke to the other officer's who only seemed to agree and started gathering up the things they might need.

Without a word, Charlie strutted out the door with Aurora in his arms, ignoring the burning feeling in his back as he lifted something beyond his usual weight limit for the first time in a while. Of course Jacob also walked out the station, the sense of judgment getting to him from all the other officers that saw him bring the dirtied girl in.

"Charlie, I'm sorry I wasn't watching Aurora properly." He was beating an already dead horse, it wasn't like he knew that one of the Cullen's were going to cross over into their territory and harass Aurora specifically, "I knew Leah was bringing her and I was busy talking with friends." He was able to easily look at Charlie since the man's back was turned to him, busying himself with placing Aurora and her stuff into the car, but the glances he'll throw every once in a while was a small give away that he was paying attention to what Jacob was saying at the moment.

"Jacob," Charlie signed, "go home, there's no need to talk about something no one had control over, and it'll be better if I just got Aurora away for a while." He skipped over the fact that he knew, that he knew everything about the Shifters and their treaty with the Cullens, choosing to instead acknowledge that Billy was his friend and it wasn't his business to begin with.

"Ugh, yes sir." Jacob stiffly made his way back to his truck, a worried glance being tossed to the cruiser that held a sleepy Aurora, "make it back home safely." He waved, though for once Charlie didn't wave back, or didn't acknowledge the small sign of goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my." Miranda placed her cup of tea down, alone in her bedroom with a cup of tea and a maid on stand by, "Charlie's bringing her over so soon?" She smiled, even if it wasn't in their plan to bring her over so soon, she didn't mind the change of pace, whether Aurora came later or earlier didn't really change the fact that she'll come back to where she rightfully belonged.

"Be a dear and inform your King that his father-in-law is bringing your Queen over." She waved her hand towards the maid, the stiff body of the faceless woman, vanishing into thin air as she went to complete her task.

"I didn't think she'd go straight for Aurora either." She frowned, that wasn't part of her little plan. She just wanted to play a little trick, but it seemed to have come at a cost.

It wasn't like it was unwelcomed though. The scream Aurora gave was quite something, stronger than before and that made her smile. Aurora's strength was coming back to her, though it was mostly mentally than it was physically, and the thing with the shifters. Sipping on tea really made her think, but she was a little disappointed that they didn't kill the Cold One like she thought they would.

"How disappointing." Sipping on tea, and reading a book as pastime since sleep was just an afterthought, she chose to relax before getting up to greet the arriving guest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~