Chapter 5- Presents and Vacation

"Alright! Amazing job everyone!" Mihaela smiled, clapping her hands, "Everyone aced their exams." 

The Muggle Studies classroom roared with excitement. Mihaela pressed a finger to her lips to quiet the class. 

"Alright, alright, you all have an amazing Christmas Vacation, class dismissed." 

The students shuffled out of the classroom, the professor sat her desk and packed up her things. 

"Professor?" She heard Harry ask, she looked up and saw the Golden Trio waiting at her desk, "Are you going to Grimmauld place for the holidays?" 

"No, I'm afraid not." Mihaela shook her head, "I'll be spending 2 days in Romania and then I'm coming back to Hogwarts." 

"Aww, well happy holidays." Hermione smiled, "In case we don't see you..." She reached in her bag, "I got you something." 

"Mione," Mihaela smiled, "You shouldn't have." 

She unwrapped the small gift and opened it, it was a glass Dragon Egg, "I love it thank you so much!" 

The professor placed her gift on her desk, "I'm assuming it doesn't hatch?" She laughed, the trio laughed with her, Hermione shook her head. 

"No, it doesn't." 

"Aww that's a shame." She giggled, "Alright, you guys go have a fun time and stay safe!" 

The trio headed out of the room, Miha finished packing and groaned as her classroom door opened, she looked up and saw Draco Malfoy. 

"Mr. Malfoy? How may I be of service?" Mihaela smiled, the boy walked up and handed her a small present that was wrapped in grey wrapping paper. 

"It's for you." 

She unwrapped the present and opened the small jewelry box, it was a emerald necklace and engraved was a Romanian Longhorn. 

"Oh Draco," She marveled, "It's beautiful." 

"I hope you like it." Draco blushed, Mihaela moved from behind her desk and hugged her student. 

"I love it, thank you so much." She said, "Alright, go have a good vacation." 

"I'm staying at Hogwarts." 

"Oh, what about your parents?" 

"My father is staying here and my mother is... I don't wanna talk about it." Draco looked down, Mihaela sighed. 

"Have a good Christmas, okay?" 

"Yes ma'am." Draco left the classroom. Mihaela went to her chambers and found Umbridge sitting at her desk. 

"Professor Umbridge?" 

"Right, hello dear." Dolores smirked, looking at her bags, "Going somewhere?" 

"I'm going to Romania for a few days." 

"Any particular reason why?" 

"No disrespect Ma'am," Mihaela paused, "But that's my personal business." 

Umbridge got up and strut over to Mihaela, "Going to visit your parents?" 

The young woman froze in her spot. 

"I did some digging," Umbridge said with a tilt of her head, "Is it true that you killed them?" 

"No!" Mihaela snapped, "You're lying! I didn't kill them!" 

Miha's head snapped to the side, Umbridge had slapped her across the face, "You should show me respect dear." 

"I was trying to protect them!"