.

(I don't have a name for this chapter oops)

We walked to the house, dream walking firmly besides me with techno towing his horse behind us. I kept looking back, sneaking glances at Techno. I didn't know how he felt staying in his enemies accommodation but he hadn't said anything to make me think he was passionately opposed to it.

When we reached the house dream ducked into the building first. He had quickly told me he was going to warn George or sapnap we had another guest. I nodded in response to him. If sapnap got scared at the thought of me running freely around his house he would definitely get scared at the sight of a 6ft pig man hybrid armed with several weapons by his side in the corridor.

I moved to beside techno. "Are you fine with staying here? We can always find someplace else. I'm sure Eret will have space-"

"It's fine, I assure you, Y/N." He cut me off. "If he attempted anything against me or you he would regret it. I would make sure of it."

I eyed him as he carried on. He wasn't fazed at all by being right in the heart of his enemies domain. He glanced down at me. "Not that he would try anything with you here."

"What do you mean?" I questioned him, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"You know..." he continued, shuffling slightly on his feet. "You two have your little thing."

I was vaguely aware of the acute but major thumping of my heart that my ears had just developed the ability to hear. "What thing?"

Sure, we kissed. We had a moment or two. Yeah, yeah we slept in the same bed, but it's not as if we have major feelings for each other.

It's not like I would die for him. Right?

"Come on, my dear. You're an intelligent woman. You must be able to see the way he looks at you and the way-" Techno started rambling, at least I convinced myself it was rambling before Dream opened the door again sharply, cutting him off mid sentence.

"Come in, Y/N." He glanced up at Techno. "The stables are around the side. Walk round the building on the right side and you'll see it pretty soon, there should be a free paddock you can use."

Techno looked at me, verifying the route. I nodded back. "See you inside?"

"Mhm" techno hummed in response shortly before turning around leading his horse down the trodden in path round the side of the building.

I turned to dream. "Thank you. For letting us stay-"

"It's ok" he dismissed, quickly turning away from me and entering back into the house without another word. I frowned and watched the door close behind him.

I stared at it for a couple seconds. Did he seriously just close the door in my face? If he was really upset about Techno staying he would have made it clear about him being here, surely?

I reached forward grabbing the handle and pulling the door open, slipping inside.

No lights were on, despite Dream's entrance mere minutes ago. The door clicked shut behind me, closing the sliver of light it had let in between its open gap. A grey light shone through the windows, the bleeding light of the sky slowly seeping in covering everything in its reach with a shimmering sheen.

It was obvious that no one else was home, if I hadn't known Dream was in here already, I would have assumed the building was empty.

I looked towards the stairs, a small creak sounding from one of the wooden floorboards.

I walked over, standing at the bottom a couple steps away from the first.

Dream was sat at the top, positioned on the very highest step, fore arms resting on top of his knees.

I stared up at him, he stared back returning my silence. He tilted his head, mask still on, probably incase Techno decided to walk in at any time. From what I could see though, he was expressionless, not a new emotion for him, if you can call it an emotion, but the eerie setting made it feel like he was judging me. Looking me up and down, picking at my flaws, at my posture, at my expression, at me.

But at the same time it was comforting, like he was looking over me, after me, watching me still.

He parted his lips, like he was about to speak, but they stay there, frozen in place before he decided to close his mouth again. Two seconds past before he looked away from me, his neck arching out to the side.

I looked down to the floor, the wooden knots twisting into shapes in the dim light of the dark evening.

It was so quiet, too quiet.

That's when I realised the voices hadn't been since I was with Techno on that horse. I tensed up incase my thoughts had somehow summoned the voices to come back, but none did. I sighed in relief and looked back up to Dream.

It's like my legs started moving involuntarily as I found myself lightly stepping up till I was on the same step as Dream. His head hadn't moved from where it was watching me before. I crouch down till I was sat along side the man. I swallowed, not a word being passed between us.

I tensed, my hands gripping the edge of the wooden step beneath us. Not in pain, or anger, or any emotion really. Just something to ground me, keep my mind in the staircase, stop it from wandering.

It most certainly didn't work as I was suddenly enveloped into my thoughts, not necessarily taking part in my subconscious but witnessing it as I zoned out.

His touch pulls me back to reality as his hand undoes the tight pry my fingers had on the steps edge, holding his hand over mine until his fingers intertwined mine.

I turned my head softly to his, almost trying not to disturb him with my movements.
His eyes were fixed on my hand in his as he ran his thumb over the top of my skin.

Everything was telling me I should smile at this moment, enjoy the comfort, the warmness of his actions. However, the small gesture still felt off, oddly possessive, the pressure a constant on my hand.

That's when the small click of the door sounded, creaking open slightly as who I assumed was Techno slipping inside the house. The footsteps quickly confirmed that suspicion as he walked towards the stairs uncertain. I don't doubt him from being on edge slightly, he was literally in his enemies territory, in a dark room. Speaking of, although they were sworn enemies, they didnt act it around me.

He glanced up catching me and Dream in his eyeline. Both our sets of eyes on him.

His eyes meet mine first, always making sure I was safe first. Then he glanced across to Dream, silent stared exchanged. Lastly his eyes dipped to our hands, still in eachothers. Very slightly Dreams grip tightened, almost unnoticeable, but very much there.

I studied Technos face, the very slight fall in expression and realisation in his eyes but it didn't make sense, it was confusing as if hundreds of emotions were running through his head at the same time.

I felt a tug in my stomach, as much as I wanted to pull my hand from Dreams grip, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Techno cleared his throat, quickly blinking hard and looking back up at me.

But before he could speak Dream squeezed my hand one more time, standing up, leaving me sat on my own. He spoke flatly.  "I'll show you to your room."