chapter 7

A few weeks later - Alex's POV:

Me and Charles had been texting and face timing for weeks and we hade bonded even more. It was kind of weird getting to know him this much without seeing him, but it was still fun. I had tried to learn more about Formula One and some nights we had watched some old grand prixs. Charles had been sitting on the other side trying to explain everything. I must admitt it was actually really intresting.

It was a Wednesday and after lunch. I was at the moment in class and heard my phone pling:

****

Charles

Hey Lex, hope your day is going well

Miss seeing your face

Could we face time tonight? Same time as always?

Alex

Hiii world famous superstar driver

Yeah I would absolutey love to!

Charles

I'm looking forward to it and please you need to stop calling me that

Anyways what are you up to right now?

****

As I was about to respond my teacher called me.

-Alexandra please put away your phone and answer the question. This is going to be on the test so please focus.

I put my phone down and got back to class. I didn't even realize that I left Charles on read. It felt like the class went on forever and the teacher wouldn't stop talking. After class I took out my phone and saw Charles text. I replied that I was sorry for not replying earlier and that I got told of in class for being on my phone. Almost emidiately I got a reply.

****

Charles

So texting me is more important than class?

And by the way it's fine. Although I got a bit worried.

****

As I saw his text I emidiately started to blush. Firstly he knows exactly what to say to tease me. And secondly he was worried about me? What does that mean?

Later that night me and Charles face timed as usual. It was really fun seeing his face. It's like I miss seeing it between every call.

-Soon, he said kind of sneaky. What would you say about flying down to Monaco?

What? He wants me to come down? What would I do about school?

-Charles! I can't just leave school, I said. Though it would be really fun.

-But couldn't there be someway to make it possible? He said pouting.

-Well I have an exam yesterday and then two weeks after that, I said thinking about this.

-Soo? Does that mean you can come down? He asked.

-Yeah I think, but how would I pay for it? I said.

-Lex it's on me, please. I can book you a flight so you would be here Friday night, he said with sparkles in his eyes.

-Okay Charl, I said. See you on Friday then.

I was going to Monaco this friday. In two days. Shit. I needed to start packning. I asumed it was pretty warm there but just to be sure I texted him. He replied fast and said that it indeed was warm and that I should bring summer clothes. I started going through my closet and tried to find my summer clothes among all my winter clothes. I finally found some and started packing to some music. Of course I was playing Coldplay. I was pretty much done packing, but I decided to leave it for tomorrow and go to sleep.

****

Alex
Goodnight Charl 💕

Charles
Sleep tight beautiful

****

Friday afternoon I exited the classroom after my exam. It had gone really well. At least that's what I thought. I needed to go home and pick up my bags and change clothes before I would get a cab to the airport.

At home I changed in to a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. I took my suitcase and my backpack and looked up my apartment. When I got down the cab was already there so I got in and rode to the airport.

I was kind of late for my flight so I had to hurry when I got there. Security went on without a problem and the queue hadn't been that long. I easily found my gate just when the flight started to board.

****

Alex
My flight is boarding now :)
See you at 8pm

****

I got on the flight and as I wanted I had a window seat. No one sat directly next to either so it was really nice. I plugged in my airpods and fell asleep immediately. I woke up later in to the flight and saw that we would land in 10 minutes. Now I got really excited. I'm going to see Charles in just a couple of minutes.

I easily got of the plane since I was last as usual. Then I also easily found my bag, since I was last. I walked against the exit looking for Charles as I didn't know where he would be. He had said that he would pick me up so I guessed he would be here somewhere. As I continued walking I saw a sign saying "ALEX(ANDRA)" and behind it I saw Charles face, although with sunglasses inside. I ran up to him and we hugged. As he took of his sunglasses I was met by those beautiful eyes of his. He helped me with my bags to his car and we drove of to his place.

———