M O N T H S

Aurora Lupin

2 months later

mentions of drugs

I don't dream of him like I hoped.

Every night I cry myself to sleep and hope I see him in my dreams and every morning I wake up and cry because I don't.

It's been two months without him, two months of hell.

When I think it's bad for me I think of how it might be for him which makes my 'bad' nothing compared to his. If he's still alive.

I know he said he wouldn't be able to see me but I hoped— maybe I have to stop hoping for shit.

I stumbled out of bed and into the bathroom, "sorry." I mumbled when I walk in on Lucy brushing her hair.

"It's okay." She smiled kindly.

I feel guilty keeping her from Pansy at night, she doesn't need to be here and I keep telling her that but a part of me is so thankful she's here with me.

Either way I'll continue to tell her that she can go back to her dorm to be with Pansy.

"You don't have to stay here with me." I said watching her gently brush her dark hair.

"I like to." Lucy said.

I stopped myself for rolling my eyes, "don't you miss Pansy?"

"I see her everyday." Lucy said, dropping her hairbrush onto the sink. "I like being here with you Aurora. You're my best friend and you're going thr—."

"I'm fine." I cut her off harsher than I should have.

"Sorry." I mumbled turning out of the bathroom.

I gathered my clothes as I hear Lucy walking up behind me.

"I miss him but I'm fine." I said trying to sound stern and truthful.

"It's okay if you're not." She whispered lightly touching my shoulder.

I lifted my head from my clothes but didn't turn to face her.

My eyes found something else.

The sloth stuffed animal that his mom got him, it does look like him.

I want to stab that stupid fucking sloth!

"I have to go."

~

I got dressed quickly and left Lucy in my dorm.

On my way to Kalani's dorm I pulled my hair out of the braid it's been in for two days and ran my fingers through my messy hair.

I could have brushed it— I should have brushed it but I'm to tired to. After trying to tame my hair I pull it back into a low bun.

I knocked on Kalani's door, she was quick to tell me to come in.

She sat on her bed eyeing some papers. When she lifted her head and saw me she furrowed her eyebrows.