Chapter 1

Megan Taylor

I grew up in Ireland surrounded with green fields and rainy weather. I hated it. My mam always told me the second I finished school we would move to America to live with my nan. I didn't always believe her but as I find myself sitting on this big plane looking out at the clouds, I am overcome with joy.

I am currently editing my youtube video. I have a small platform but wouldn't change it for the world. Recently I hit 20k, that was a huge achievement for me. This video was one I filmed yesterday when I was packing, I'm pretty proud of it.

I finally finished editing with around four hours left on my flight so I decided to sleep.

My mam woke me up saying we landed. About an hour later, after going through the airport I found myself looking up at my new home. It was only two o'clock so I had loads of time to set up my room. It was already painted grey, I hung up pictures of my friends from back in Ireland, set up my makeup desk and put my clothes away.

At eight I decided to post my youtube video. I was extremely tired because of travelling and there's a five hour time difference from here and Ireland.

I posted a link to my youtube video on my instagram and shared a story of my new room with my location tagged. Somerville Massachusetts.
~~~
I slept all the way until ten o'clock this morning and decided to check how my youtube video was doing. 100k views. I nearly dropped my phone on my face. Was I seeing things? I was shocked. Most of the comments were really nice but the vast majority were of The Sturniolo Triplets.

"Who were they?" I thought to myself. I searched them up. Wow, it would be stupid for me to say they weren't attractive. I spent my morning watching their videos. Their laughs were so addictive. Turns out they live here. Everyone in my comments wanted me to do a video with them.

I was too afraid to ask them about a collab so I just followed them on insta and tiktok. It was around one o'clock in the day now so I decided to get ready and go for a short walk around my new neighbourhood. I got dressed and styled my curly brown hair and walked outside. I left my phone at home so I could have a break and just be aware of my new surroundings.

As I strolled down the sidewalk I take notice off the houses surrounding mine. They all look the same. It's sort of comforting in a way.

I stumbled into a park. It was full of green trees, screaming children and bored parents. It occurred to me how different my life was about to be. Due to the quick move I didn't have time to just stop and think. I had no regrets at all. Just had some scary thoughts like would I make any friends? What if my youtube didn't work out, what would I do then?

I decided not to spend too much time thinking as it would lead to a downward spiral and I wasn't about that, so I decided to head home.

I got home in twice the time as I jogged back. I picked up my phone and was shocked to see the notifications.

Christophersturniolo started following you
Nicolassturniolo started following you
Matthew.sturniolo started following you

I stare at my phone in disbelief. When I checked my dm's I was even more stunned when I saw a dm from Nick

Nicolassturniolo
Hey

Me
Hey

I tried to remain calm I didn't want him to think I was weird.

Nicolassturniolo
I watched your youtube video
and seen you moved here! My
brothers and I were wondering
if you wanted us to show you
around you seem cool

Me
Omg yeah that would be great!

Nicolassturniolo
We could pick you up
around 5 if you're available

Me
Sounds good

Nicolassturniolo
Great 🤜🤛

It was only 3 so I decided to make lunch before I go out. I ended up making a fruit salad. I brought it up to my room and decided to watch Grey's Anatomy.

2 episodes later it was 4:45. I looked down at what I was wearing, a pink oversized hoodie and plain black leggings. I wasn't bother to change, I'd rather be comfy.

I got a dm from Nick asking where I lived. I sent him my address and put on my air force 1's.

As I turned off the TV I heard a car horn sound from outside. I look out my window and see a white mini van.

"Well here goes nothing" I thought to myself as I walked out the door.