Emma's Pov (19)

It's 9:00 pm by my time, I check again to make sure. The party's getting crazier, it's like I've been missing out on the core social activities that bring together students of May blossom high.

Florida's party as I heard is the best not just because his parents are wealthy and occasionally absent but because he's a life of the party whose acquainted with almost everyone at ours and neighboring schools.

No wonder his supposed huge mansion feels like a coven, there's a crowd. You could get lost in this place, plus finding your way in the number of rooms that were in this house was another thing. I heard it contains sixteen rooms, Wow!!. Like what the heck does a family of three need sixteen rooms for?

I guess some people just love space and extravagance, I shrug.

I follow Cheryl loyally for fear of getting lost in the crowd not because it's what I prefer because she's still acting like a bitch towards me after I strode off from them at the parking lot.

I mean why should I stay around pretending I'm okay with her acting cold towards me but sucking up to Eric? It just doesn't make sense to me.

After I left them, I headed for class making sure I avoided Eric throughout the day. The only chance I thought we'd have to meet was during PE but he's in the football team and so has his practices in place of PE.

I kinda felt relieved, I missed him and wanted to talk about random stuff like his brother's stoic attitude, then if luck was on my side we'd be paired up for the activities.
But sadly, Cheryl was my teammate and we both sucked at dodgeball. Our opponents beat us shamelessly, I cared less even though it's part of our grades.

After school, we both caught the bus, got talking, and ended up planning how we were gonna drip to the—all time party tonight. So here we are looking like outcasts, actually just me.

I'm wearing denim, dangerously short with a shimmery tank top and my nice hair in a neat bun while Cheryl is putting on a nude spandex gown reaching her knee at least.

She fits in more than I do, I realize as I look around, sighting girls dressed in more glamorous dresses, with heavy makeup.

But this should've been a casual night party, not some dinner date. I'm feeling sensitive already but Cheryl grabs my hand leading the way to find us something to get drunk with.

That's not my aim tonight though, I want to make new friends. I realized the school ground isn't the best place for making friends, everyone seemed uptight and into themselves but here... Here, it seems the energy is different, the urge to associate is stronger and easier. I smile to myself in relief knowing that before the day was done I must've made lots of progress in socializing.

"Would you mind telling me what we just downed?!" I burp, squeezing my face. It tastes like beer mixed with lemon I'm not sure.

"I dunno," Cheryl shrugs chirpy. I can feel she's eager as well to see how the night turns. We search the expensive two-shutter fridge for something not spiked and we end up with a can of coke each. I grab a candy bar I find inside there and squeeze it into my tight jeans and walk towards the living room where the most tension is.

I see a boy and a girl on the long couch smooching. Not really, the raven-haired girl is all over him kissing, smooching, trying to mark her territory I guess. While some girls cheer her on.

Oh! I recognize Mindy as one of them. She's putting on the same purple beret but this time a red kinda lip shade.

I'm standing there thinking of what Mindy Brookes thinks she is? The nerve of her to walk up to me at the cafeteria blabbing on and on while I watched.