unexpected turn

A proper sketch of the OC as promised earlier, Sorry for not uploading in a while, I had my college exams so I was occupied but now that it's over I'm finally able to write again and I'll be post more frequently now.

__________________________________

I was sitting on the passengers seat beside Happy who was driving the car. It was already getting dark outside as we were driving back to airport. it was a long day and I was so tired I couldn't wait to get back home.

'did I just call that place home?'

Am I wrong though? At least it feels like one. It doesn't have my family but still it does.

I was looking outside the window and the car ride was very silent, Happy doesn't talk much and he's a little grumpy as always. It's a worldwide fact that I don't talk let alone start a conversation but my day went so well I was in so good mood I wanted to talk. like actually talk. I know, unbelievable. Happy and I haven't really talked this whole time so it kinda feels weird.

few weeks earlier

I was sitting on my hospital bed waiting for Mr. Stark to arrive, I was finally getting out of hospital today. Mr. Stark was going to take me to Malibu at his mansion, no more boring hospital walls 24/7. I couldn't wait any longer to get out of here and at this point I was getting impatient. I kept looking at the watch to check the time but it felt like time was flowing slower than usual.

'he should be here any minute now.'

Just as I thought that the door opened revealing Mr. Stark followed by a familiar face I haven't seen ever since I came here.

"hey kid, missed me?"

"a lot, can't wait to get out of here." I say grinning big.

"thought so. This place looks too white, you're gonna love the mansion."

Then Mr. Stark's phone started ringing and he checked to see the contact,

"it's Peper, wait a min I'll be back." He said and walked away to another corner of the room to answer the call then my attention went to the second person.

"h-hi. You must be Happy." I said and he looked at me.

"yeah I am, Happy Hogan, head of security at Stark industry."

"I know."

"you know? How do you know." He asked a little surprised.

"uhh.....Mr. Stark told me. yeah."

"oh......so....how did you get hurt this badly?" he awkwardly asked.

"I got blown up in a room then Loki stabbed me." I answer smiling casually.

He looked at me with wide eyes taken back by my statement.

"yeah we're about to leave in a minute don't worry, we'll be there in no time.......alright bye love you ." Mr. Stark said and hung up the call before coming back to us,

"so looks like you two already met."

"yeah." Happy answered and just on queue a nurse entered this room with a wheelchair.

"you can take her home now." She said smiling.

"at long last. Happy?"

Just as Mr. Stark said that Happy nodded and came closer to pick me up from my bed, he carried me carefully not wanting to hurt any scares and placed me on the wheelchair.